Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 2.0 Zetec bolt right into a 2000 Focus that was originally equipped with the 2.0 Zetec?

Will the electronics on the 2000 Focus work with the 2003 engine?

Lastly, will the manual tranny from a 2003 swap into a 2000?

I found a good deal on a complete engine/tranny from a wrecked focus. My wife's car is getting up there in mileage and I wouldn't mind putting this low mileage stocker into her car, and building the original one on the side.

Any input? I would think it would all swap...would just have to swap the accessories.

Thanks in advance.
Shawn

·
Registered
352 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong somebody, but I think you're going to want the CPU and some of the harness also, just to make things easier

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct me if I'm wrong somebody, but I think you're going to want the CPU and some of the harness also, just to make things easier
The CPU and harness is already gone - the engine and trans came out of a wrecked car with 17k miles.

They want $100obo for it...I figured I couldn't go wrong, even if I end up putting it on ebay.

Is the CPU and harness engine specific? It should all work with my CPU and Harness if they are both 2.0 ZETEC and both 5spd, correct?

Thanks
SQ

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
There's a few items that may not work...like the shift linkage and the throttle linkage (there were changes between 2000-2002.5 and 2002.5>-2004.) This is why there are different short-throw shifters and throttlebodies between the various engines.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's a few items that may not work...like the shift linkage and the throttle linkage (there were changes between 2000-2002.5 and 2002.5>-2004.) This is why there are different short-throw shifters and throttlebodies between the various engines.

But the actual engine assembly and transmission should be the same, inside and out, correct?

Worst case, I'd have to re-use some of the peripherals...right?

I'm probably going to buy it regardless of what I use it for. Worst case, i can set it in storage and have it just in case my wife blows hers up or something happens to the trans. I would kind of like to build this little 2.0 up and make it out run my 5.0 [hihi]

SQ

·
Registered
713 Posts
Yeah..

Oh and keep your intake mani off your current engine! From what i read there is better flow on the 2000 one than the later models. ( someone correct me if i'm wrong )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts