Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed out my axle and i was wondering if the old zetec one would fit. Since my buddy had parted out his focus he had a spare laying around i figured it was worth a shot in the dark. I could never find any info about this if this was possible, but yes its works!! 03 5sp Zetec axle fits on a 05 5sp Duratec focus!

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Well it is the same transmission. [;)]

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
thats what I was thinking, the same MTX-75, the same axles!!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
cool to know. cause ford does strange things. so you never know. they could have changed the spline or lengths. like them changinf the front struts on the 05 to 07

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Now it would be really good, if someone could figure out;

Why is it when you do a swap from auto to manual, the axle's needed to be swapped too?

I have both a auto zetec and a manual 5 speed Duratec, and I can't really see any differences in the axle's?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to the ford Dealer and they told me this could not be done???
I was told the part numbers were different the axle in there system(05) would not work on earlier model foci.

·
zetec 2 duratec swap
1,648 Posts
Now it would be really good, if someone could figure out;

Why is it when you do a swap from auto to manual, the axle's needed to be swapped too?

I have both a auto zetec and a manual 5 speed Duratec, and I can't really see any differences in the axle's?
Because the carrier bearing for the passenger side axle is in a different location. Our axles are interchangeable between engines with the same transmission.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts