Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about trying out the Zaino wax this time when I wax my car but they've got so much stuff I don't know what to get. The car hasn't been clay barred in about a year so I know I need to clay bar it again. But what else do I need?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Since you havethe sonic blue you should use a polish too...

If you want to do a really good job then take some dish soap to it and then clay it, polish, then wax it... you will freak out with the results.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I planned on getting the clay bar and doing it with water and car wash mixed in and getting the ZFX Flash Cure Acclerator Additive, Z5 for swirl marks and fine scratches, Z2 polish for clear coats, and Z8 Grand finale Seal. Is all of that stuff necessary and does it make that much difference?

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't tell me nobody knows about Zaino on this entire site. Come on guys!!

·
Registered
756 Posts
You want to get-
ZFX
Z2PRO and/or Z5PRO
ZPC (polish)
Z7 (car wash)
Z6 (QD)
Z8 (gives it a better shine, looks like carnuba)
And Z1 for touch ups, but not 100% needed.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, that helps out but why is the car was "needed" for waxing?

·
Registered
191 Posts
WickedlyFastST said:
Since you havethe sonic blue you should use a polish too...

If you want to do a really good job then take some dish soap to it and then clay it, polish, then wax it... you will freak out with the results.
I always understood you never used dish soap on a car

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dish soap is fine good old blue dawn or is it green? just as long as you do not use it every time you wash your car. I only use it twice a year after the winter before my first major detail, and in the fall for my last major detail. In between I only use car soap.

·
Registered
756 Posts
unfknrl said:
You are correct, except for "specialized situations", such as before your first Zaino application.

"Blue Dawn" is a grease cutter and will help remove all contaminants, including glazes, polish and wax.

Body shops use it before painting at times to remove any wax on the car.

Any other time, stick to a car wash like Z7.

Hope this helps...

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
unfknrl said:
Sorry if I mis typed that... from what I know you never use dish soap to wash a car and then just walk off and call it a day... you use it BEFORE you wax to get off all the contaminants off including old wax and helps get it down to just the bare clear coat/paint so you can polish and wax that puppy... [:D]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts