• Yes, very Cool, Put'em ON!

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across these in my wanderings for something to set off my Focus and wondered if:
a) Would they look good in your opinion,
b) Would the vents give me enough air to run my CAI off them if I fabbed up a fiberglass box to seal around the inside of the fender,
c) How much work would be involved with swapping these in?
Thanx for your input in advance.

http://www.rushkits.com/-strse-5613/Ford-Focus-00-dsh-UP-Z3/Detail.bok
[/IMG]

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
well, it will need a quality paint job, to match the paint on your car.. and it will have to be blended to the doors and bumper... cheap for the kit, but you get what u pay for in painting....

·
Registered
548 Posts
My own view is anytime you put on BMW (Z3 fenders), EVO (hood) etc... parts, people look at is a wannabe Bimmer,EVO etc... No offense.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
well, while that may be true, to each is his own.. were not going to war over this.. he asked, if it would be easy to fit on.. yes they should be an easy fit, with a few minor adjustments, and some goot paint work "."

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of non functional vents but it might look kinda cool. I prefer the solidity.

·
Registered
548 Posts
matthewstetz said:
well, while that may be true, to each is his own.. were not going to war over this.. he asked, if it would be easy to fit on.. yes they should be an easy fit, with a few minor adjustments, and some goot paint work "."
He also asked if they would look good in our opinon. So I gave it.[neener]

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
It is a cheap kit but for 150 bucks you could just save another 50 and get a CIA or save another 100 and get a throttle body. I'm sure there are lots of other things you could do to your car for 150 that would make it look better than it would with a Z3 kit on it. Besides your car is already faster than a Z3! If you're gonna put something from a different car on it put something from a faster car on it like..say..M3 style vents!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I love the look of Z3 Fenders on the Focus.. there are some agressive looking FoFo's that have them.

But.. if you want a pair.. do like Detroit said.. go to newedgeperformance. You DON'T want fiberglass ones.. You want Tony D's Steel fenders! YES YOU DO!

heh.

·
Registered
147 Posts
IMO (and it is just MY oppinion.. and probably a lot of other peoples too), all this z3 fender, evo body kit BS is exactly that... BS. if people want their cars to have the same things as the cars these parts are modeled after, then spend the money and get the real thing.

z3 fenders on anyhting but a z3, dont make cars any faster, they dont serve a purpose, and honestly (even on the z3), theyre just plain ugly. but like i said, thats just my oppinion.

im all for minor body mods, keeping the stock lines, but giving a more aggressive look.. performance should always come first... then worry about looks later... besides, isnt it more fun smoking cars in a car that came from the factory slow, and still looks slow?

im done... im off to bed, its ben a long night.

·
Registered
133 Posts
02_zxFIVE said:
IMO (and it is just MY oppinion.. and probably a lot of other peoples too), all this z3 fender, evo body kit BS is exactly that... BS. if people want their cars to have the same things as the cars these parts are modeled after, then spend the money and get the real thing.

z3 fenders on anyhting but a z3, dont make cars any faster, they dont serve a purpose, and honestly (even on the z3), theyre just plain ugly. but like i said, thats just my oppinion.

im all for minor body mods, keeping the stock lines, but giving a more aggressive look.. performance should always come first... then worry about looks later... besides, isnt it more fun smoking cars in a car that came from the factory slow, and still looks slow?

im done... im off to bed, its ben a long night.
It all depends on what you're goin for. I'm plannin on workin my car as a show car. I have some performance mods, and plan to add more to give it some pep. But we can all be honest. I "F"in love my focus, but I bought it b/c it was rather inexpensive and quick "for the MONEY". It's not a speed demon, there are other cars you can buy for that. But I think changin up your Focus and styling it in your own way is cool. I say figure out what direction you're tryin to take your car (as far as, performance or show) and take it from there. My friend alex has em tho with the EVO hood, DAMN it looks good!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
There is NOTHING wrong with putting some 'show' with your 'go'

Hell... my 'show' mods VASTLY outnumber my 'go' mods.... and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

TO the people who call it BS, and say "Well.. if you wanted the z3 fenders, why didn't you buy a z3?", and then talk about how much they drop into the car to make it faster.. I say this:

"Why didn't you just buy a faster car?"

You see? The coin flips both ways, my friends.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
^ lol didn't you know it would?

cool pooler, you want my opinion? go find some cheap stock fenders and personalize them. i'm sure there are a million different ways you can go that will look way better than the Z3 fenders!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Also, keep in mine that with the vents in the fenders, you can see everything underneath it. In our case, it is a windshield washer fluid resevious. You will see it, it will be ugly.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanx for the input all. BTW the vents would actually be doing something on both sides. I was proposing to use the drivers side to draw cold air in to my homebuilt CAI, and rig the pass side to exhaust hot air from the engine compartment. I am not a fan of sticking things on that add mass and don't do a thing, like spoilers or massive wings when you never go above highway speeds. That was why I was seeking opinions, and don't flame someone because thier's doesn't agree with yours, I am simply looking for concensus, and I really like the New Edge ones. Unfortunately, they don't appear to ship to Canada. If anyone knows where I can get some in Canada or be willing to ship to the Great White North that would be great!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^

I think there are still a pair of the Steel Z3 Fenders (the ones New Edge Sells) up for sale in our BST Forums..... check there.....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanx CM, I'll have a look. BTW, Like what you've done with your car.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts