Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my car into the dealer yesterday to have the reflash done, dealer said it was already in there (YRFO) and my car still surges, any other ideas what could be wrong? dealer doesnt feel the surging on the test drive, and everything else checks out, they said they called ford and ford says that its normal because its a higher reving engine. any help be be great thanks

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I've heard about the YRFO not being a solution but not immediately after the reflash. To my understanding the YRFO does its job for a little while but the problems come back later. What is the weather like where you live?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I dont believe the weather has anything to do with it. I've had my YRF0 for 6 months now its seems and I still have the surging issues. I was told the same thing, but I believe that the YRF0 was just a temporary band-aid for the flow of problems. We just need a whole new perfect fine tune ECU if you ask me, but that is just a dream of mine and would never happen from Ford.

But just in case the weather may have something to do with it, on colder that normal mornings the surging is worse, also pretty bad on high humid days. Go figure, I gave up months ago trying to figure it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts