Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to spread tunes out if your cars are similar, meaning says I am tuned as mr John Smith. We both have, SVT or Long tube headers, CAI, catback, and w/e else. Can John Smith load his Xcal to my car?

If so, anyone wanna share in ohio i'll pay [wrenchin][idea][neener]

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
You can't "share" tunes, but way to try to cheap out and screw over tuners...

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just curious, I have spoke with tom about getting an xcal. We have a local car club here.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
I dont see why not, but yea it would kind be ripping off tuners

·
Super Moderator
9,555 Posts
Granted it would be ripping off the tuners but the main concern is that not all cars are the same. So a tune for my car wouldn't be exactly right for the car next to mine. It all depends on your modifications and how your car reacts to those modifications.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Can't do. The tuners would lock to one car.

And the XCal3 has 6 unlocks. Meaning, once you have done 6 cars, you have to send it back to SCT to get it unlocked again.

What the tuner does is take your Stock tune, hold it in the tuner than puts on your custom tune on your ECU ... having the Stock tune on the device, locks it to your car, and your car only.

When you put car back to stock and put the custom back on the device, it is unlocked again. If you take it to a new car, the process starts all over again.

-Ray-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts