Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just ordered new rims and slotted/drilled rotors for my 04 sonic blue svt. i am debating on what color to paint the rotors....blue,red,black...no yellow please. any input would be great.thank you in advance for your responces. i dont have a picture of my car but like said above, its sonic blue, actual rim picture is below.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry..here we go

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh and my car is on my profile picture to the left..thanx again everyone

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so red may be too bold? i was debating on black with the svt logo on them? or maybe bronze like the brembo's come standard with....thank you again

·
Registered
759 Posts
You mean you want to paint your calipers right? Brembo red is a nice choice, thats what I did

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I would only go red if they were true Brembo brakes...IMO. But then again, if they were true Brembo brakes, painting them red would be redundant, now wouldn't it?

·
Registered
759 Posts
dazada said:
I would only go red if they were true Brembo brakes...IMO.
Most people don't have 1,500 to blow on a big brake kit though...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well their not true brembo, still stock, but that ugly a** stock steel color is too dull, so i have 3 reds and 2 blacks...hmmm. well while im at it, should i spray them with the local auto zone caliper paint or order the brush on?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Buy the rattle cans, just use some masking tape to deal with over spray.

are you doing the drums too?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats what im thinking, my other concern is the centers on the drilled rotors, the ones on my eclipse rusted in the center, maybe i should spray these black. thanx again for the fast responses. [thumb]

·
Registered
759 Posts
I haven't heard of anybody painting their rotors... you do mean brake calipers don't you?

EDIT: i have seen what they look like... but i honestly think the factory color looks better.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
they are ikon GT6 rims. oh and dannyboy, i have an svt so no drums here, rotors on all 4. this thread was about painting calipers, but i was also debating painting the centers of my new rotors where the rim meets the rotor to prevent rust since most zinc plating is only temporary. thanks again.. oh and if all fits well i will be selling my stock 6 spoke svt rims...[:D]

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BUMP..need more opinions here. and does anyone have any experience with these rims? any more ideas on color choice? i will post a some pics after mounting (hopefully by monday) thanx again everyone[thumb]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts