Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I have a silver one. I got mine off eBay. It does effect radio reception but I don't listen to the radio cause radio around my area sucks. But it does look nice. And no you wouldn't look like a moron with a black one on your car. It's black anyway, right? (the antenna I mean)

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Looks better than the OEM spegetti antenna.
Easy to install. Twist off. Twist on.

Does effect reception.
In Seattle, a lot of the radio channels are hard to get and getting this antenna makes it harder to receive. I even lost one of my favorite stations. Oh well.

So, if you listen to the radio a lot, there is a chance that you may lose a station or get bad reception.

I also got mine on ebay for ~20 bucks.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you would think that someone could develop a cool looking antenna that didnt effect radio signal. i need my radio for traffic reports. driving around denver in rush hour is bad enough with the help of the eye in the sky, [:(!] dont even want to try it without him. [?|]

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
It's good for 3 months...my black one already turned purple.

I was probably going to fast and it changed the color......yeah right!!

Peace...

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks vassili, looks like i will save my money and put it into something worthwhile.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Ya, just don't put a heavy antenna ball on your OEM antenna or you will hear someone knocking on your roof when your driving.

I've had my black one for over 3 months and it's still new looking an black.

I got mine from ebay from Focus Trends. This guy makes these himself.

If your looking for some other mod at low cost, check out the gauges at Speedhut . They're only 40-50 bucks.

Good luck.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
microtonal
does your antenna reduce your radio reception?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
by microtonal
Does effect reception.
In Seattle, a lot of the radio channels are hard to get and getting this antenna makes it harder to receive. I even lost one of my favorite stations. Oh well.

So, if you listen to the radio a lot, there is a chance that you may lose a station or get bad reception.
It all really depends on if the radio station you listen to is strong or weak.
If the signal is strong, then most likely, you will still receive the station with the new antenna.
If the signal seems weak now, you might lose it entirly like I did.

It all depends on the reception of your stereo and the signal strength of the radio station.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Pics of car w/ alum. antenna?

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
I got mine from Focus Performance about 3 months ago, it was black and it's still black.
As far as radio reception, I have no problems at all but maybe the radio stations here around Kansas City are stronger signals and have fewer mountains to go around.

I like it muuuuuuuuuuuch better than the OEM one. With that big ole long whip they called an antenna it looked like I was fly fishing.[:D]

If you want pics let me know

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I bought one when I first got the Focus (late July) from FocusTrends on an eBay auction. It's aluminum and here's a picture of it... I hope:

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/amccoy05/detail?.dir=/Focus&.dnm=Passenger+side.jpg

If not, go to photos.yahoo.com/amccoy05 and click on the Focus album. I like the antenna but if a radio station comes in weakly you may lose it, if it's strong you're fine. I find that if I hit Seek it will skip over most stations, but if you manually go to it, or use presets, sometimes the station will come in perfect, just Seek missed it for some reason.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I just got a red one from unnaturally aspirated for like $19 shipped. It looks good, and I don't notice TOO big of a reception loss. I was sick of the OEM one hitting the roof when I went to a car wash with a dryer, and it looked like crap. I'll see if I can get a pic soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts