Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I like em a lot, I have a soft spot for gloss black rims with a colored lip like that. (That's why I painted mine that way) They should look good on a blue focus imo.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I like them. The question is how close does the blue match your car's color. Even if the color is slightly off, it could throw the whole look off. I really like color matching wheels but the key is they have to actually match.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
they look like an ebay wheel... id go for something nicer IMO

·
Registered
238 Posts
As said above, if the blue is the right shade for your car, I think they look pretty good. My only objection (as in all wheels) are ones with extra "lug holes". To me, they look generic/cheap like they cut costs to make them fit several cars at once rather then a custom fit. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
My comments:

I don't like them at all. The blue will more than likely not match the blue on your car.

You can do better!!

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
One word, no

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well it not like your goin to find some wheels that match up dead on. unless you paint them or have them powercoated with your color. yes my car isn't that color blue but pretty damn close. or should i just murder out the whole thing and be in a black focus with black wheels like others and half of the import people? na i think the blue wheels look good. thanks for the input.

·
So mote be it
8,959 Posts
well it not like your goin to find some wheels that match up dead on. unless you paint them or have them powercoated with your color. yes my car isn't that color blue but pretty damn close. or should i just murder out the whole thing and be in a black focus with black wheels like others and half of the import people? na i think the blue wheels look good. thanks for the input.
well if you like it, that's all that matters. you did ask what we thought and not everyone is going to agree on what looks good. just personal tastes, do what you like and enjoy it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
that type wheel not my style but to each there own!!! i would look into getting at least a 17" rim. will fill in your gaps better!! in the long run will make car look better!

·
Wheel King, Bow Down
1,918 Posts
well if you like it, that's all that matters. you did ask what we thought and not everyone is going to agree on what looks good. just personal tastes, do what you like and enjoy it.

Exactly what Ramble said. If you like them then go for it, but they're not going to look good on your car, or any car unless the blue is a direct match. And even then it will be iffy.

Your car appears to be French Blue from your avatar, is that correct?

If so, I think you would be better off with a lighter color silver wheel. If you go too dark on a middle ground color like that the wheels will look out of place. I honestly think a Tead Dynamics Pro Race 1, 1.2, or 1.3 would look better on your car than any of those Ebay wheels.

The good thing with the TD wheels is that they are better built, look much nicer, and will hold their value. I loved mine when I had them and many people take theirs to the track for auto cross and even competition road racing.

Anyway, that's my suggestion. Good luck on the wheel hunt!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
one of the reasons i do want a different wheels is that it seems like everybody is goin with the same wheel. not the same dead on same wheel but pretty much the same. chrome is old, gunmetal and sliver is on every wheel out there and i will say it so is black. black is over played but mixing it up with something different is better than blending in. that's what i think. and nickgt40 - i really don't know what color my car is. never looked it up. just know it's blue.

·
Registered
0 Posts
NO! They will look like poop. Why anyone buys wheels with a black center is beyond me.

As Nick said, you can do much better like the Team Dynamics he mentioned. Also the offset on those wheels is horrid and not even close to a flush look, too sunk for me.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I'm just going to throw this idea out there. Why don't you find a good set of rims that you really like the look of and that are one color such as black. Then paint the outer lip the exact color of your car. It will look way better and you will not limit yourself with wheel choices. Furthermore, if you do it yourself, you may be able to cut back on the costs.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm just going to throw this idea out there. Why don't you find a good set of rims that you really like the look of and that are one color such as black. Then paint the outer lip the exact color of your car. It will look way better and you will not limit yourself with wheel choices. Furthermore, if you do it yourself, you may be able to cut back on the costs.
liking this idea.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts