Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't know me, I drive a 03 ztw wagon with a nitrous kit on it. Had a great race last night.
I'm coming home from grocery shopping with my two kids in the back and I stop kinda quick for a yellow light..right as a come to a stop a fart piped honda civic pulls up next to me and there is like 4 kids in the car and they are yelling back to their friends in the car behind them, fart pipe, lots of kids i the back for weight, and then my daughter, God love her ( she's seven) says " are you gonna race him dad?". Now we are talking 9:45 at night, zero traficc and a clear safe piece of road ahead..so on goes the bottle and I give this guy the typical throttle rev.. and he looks over and does the same...to make a long story short, My launch sucked , dead even through first and by second I'm into the nitrous and we shut off at about 60-70 mph and I had him by about 2 car lengths, not a killing , but bad enough.
Here's the funny part, next red light he pulls up next to me, I figure he's gonna go again, still open road and no traffic, he rolls up next to me and yells "a-hole", and his friends behind him in the neon are tearing him a new one out of the open windows.. It was funny as crap...He was actually pissed that he got beat by a wagon and a 37 year old guy, the beard is getting gray.... man that was so much fun, made the nitrous install worth it..very safe good clean American fun..

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
[hihi] That was great! Way to go viney![thumb]
Too bad I never have that kinda fun around here.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
man...
your daughter is all wisdom !!!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
congrats on the race viney. i see your daughter likes to race too. gotta love nitrous

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
WTG... all the more reason to make a wagon fast lol. I did the same with a 1977 baby blue pinto wagon with wood sides... put an offy 4bbl intake and holley 390 4bbl carb and a header and a ford motorsport cam. I could blow away V-6 comaros all day.. and boy did that piss them off!! Good job Viney!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
ya me to that wasn't to cool

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
hey!! my best memories was riding shotgun when I was 6 yrs old in dads 428 CJ torino!! now that was a fast car! and I didn't get hurt! No seat belt either. he would wup on road runners and chevelles.

·
Registered
206 Posts
How big of a shot are you running and is your car an auto. or stick?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Funny story, way to go vinny. And what a snappy, witty and well thought out come back from the punk kid!!! I don't encourage road racing..... but that was funny.
bfocused

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
sasquatch said:
How big of a shot are you running and is your car an auto. or stick?
He's running a 50 shot and it's a stick[:D]
I got to drive it at our meet last month.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would not put my kids in danger.. I thought about not mentioning the fact that they were in the car, but then I decided to mention it..Remember, clear road no traffic, and we shut off at about 60-70 mph ( 3rd gear)..a speed I would do on the highway..we were not in danger, I do however appreciate your concern.[:D] . I would not race in a agressive or fast manner with anyone other than myself in the car.....and ASH was right about the 50 shot and the stick..

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Viney, that kicks so much ass. You showed whats up to a group of punk ass kids in their rice burner with a grocery gettery and your kids in the back, that's pure gold. I give you top props.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I would have loved to seen that, the look on the punks face would have been priceless..[:D]

You gotta love the wisdom that children posses, my 3 year old son walks me to my car before a run at the track, opens my door and looks at me with his large blue eyes and states " you go win mommy." [thumb]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And people wonder why you have a tear in your eye when you smoke the guy at the end of the track![;)]

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
viney266 said:
And people wonder why you have a tear in your eye when you smoke the guy at the end of the track![;)]

End of track is right, still working on my launches....[:D] Tell me viney266 what did your children say after the race was over?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Funny you should ask as I do remember.My daughter picked this one up from a friend of mine " woohoo", and my son who is four responded with " you go fast dad", or something along those lines!![:D]

·
Registered
549 Posts
I can't believe you raced with your kids in the car. I'm sure you drove carefully but I would never even think about doing that. Maybe it's cuz I'm a female, I dunno. I don't mean any disrespect to you at all....I'm just voicing my opinion.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts