Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like who would mod a ford focus....waste of time......same could be said about well...who would mod a saturn 4 dr sc2 or something LOL!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
People say that to me all the time. Like today I thought about turning my 08 into a track car and someone couldnt even begin to grasp the idea of doing that to a Focus.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Lol I get that from my gf and I tell her why do you buy designer bags and dresses, usually she doesn't talk afterwards lol

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
i get that too. i look at it like... if Ford made an SVT version of this car (or just a hi-po version in general)... that kinda tells ya something...

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Ahhh I get it a lot from soldiers. I just tell the. "How many focus do you see modified? None I do it for the sport"

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
I've gotten that response more times than I can count.......until I bought my SVT.

All I get is props from other people about my SVT focus.

They just ask how much power does it have, and when I tell them, I usually get a thumbs up.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
I've hear people holler out " I like your car" many times as i Drive by. I'll also have old folks that ask me about my exhaust setup and sounds VERY good for a 4 banger.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yea, a lot of people like the Race exhaust on my Coupe. They expect it to sound like a Honda but it does not. For a 2.0 4 cyl these Duratec motors growl pretty good.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
I love the pop it gives when coasting in first gear after gunning it... people look and do [eek]

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yea even though I have the stock Mani it pops nice and loud on the Decell.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
haha im right there with you guys, my friends ask all the time why did you mod the focus??????? with a confused look on thier face then they see it in action and go wow and it gets how many mpg????? lmao

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Agreed, after 1-1/2 years my wife has finally accepted it!!!
Im starting to get a lot of attention with my car from everyone, from Honda guys, SRT4 guys and even audi guys. everyone just loves the idea of a small fast, fun to drive car that gets over 30 mpgs. oh and the part where I tell them I paid $11,500 out the door!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
yeah haha. and the disgruntled looks you get when you tell them your only pushing about 200hp but then the shock of surprise when you tell them our car only weighs 2600lbs haha

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
200 horses will make 2600lbs get goin pretty fast compared to their almighty 250hp or so with 4000lbs lmao

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
do a little trimming and you can get her under #2500 easy.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Can't wait for boost... just a few months

1 - 20 of 78 Posts