Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm going to get the FS turbo kit near the end of summer, but I'm not sure if it is safe with the stock brakes. I only have front discs. Should I get the SVT conversion kit before I even think about the turbo, or should they be able to handle the power of stage 1? I am doing the conversion eventually, I was just curious if it was necessary now or can i wait a summer.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
I am sure that you can wait for the brakes unless you are going to be racing ALL the time.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
I mean are you going to be braking hard from 140 all the time cause if you are then I would change my mind about the above.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, that is what I thought. I just didn't want to do something stupid and pay for it later. Although 140 does sound enticeing....

·
Registered
454 Posts
your brakes are fine....it's usually the driver that doesn't judge the stopping process properly....

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
If you're running stock rotors and stock pads, be careful because they have a tendancy to fade very quickly when pushed too hard. After I boosted my Focus, I would push full boost stoplight to stoplight and I think by the 6-7th light, my brakes were toast.

Basically, if you drive with any kind of sense, you should be fine. The occasional 4-block blitz will be fine on the brakes.

[/advice]

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
to save my brakes from getting too hot when i ST_ _ _ T raced. i would just leave it parked in 5th and let off the gas and let the engine slow the car down to about 50 ish and then apply brakes if needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts