Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car only has like 80,000 miles on it and stuff just keeps breaking. It's really frustrating. Like how the engine mounts are bad, the radio antenna seems to not be working, wiper motor, the heater/ac fan motor is dying, and now the reverse lights don't work. Most likely after the gas tank recall has a fix we'll trade the car, but for now we're stuck with it.

I'm somewhat stumped on this one. First thing I did was check the bulbs by switching them with ones I know work. Nothing happened. And it was raining so I had to wait till just now to do part two: checked the 76 fuse under the glove box and it was fried, so I replaced it. Then I checked the bulbs again and still nothing. So now I'm thinking it's the switch.

I'm really hoping it's not as complicated as on other older Focuses. Do I really need to jack up the engine and take the battery and engine mount off to change the switch? The design of this car is really confusing. I mean at that point if I have to do that I'll wind up changing the engine mounts while I'm at it, but it seems like a stupid place for that switch.

·
Registered
770 Posts
What year is this car because I’d say if it’s a 2012 & up that 80k is a lot of miles. Also, keep in mind that trade-in value for a car with 80k won’t be much so you might also want to get a quote from CARMAX.

As far as the issues you’re having goes, go onto YouTube & search videos for your same problems. There are a lot of good tutorials on there for various car issues & fixes. I used it to change a battery in a 2013 Focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year is this car because I’d say if it’s a 2012 & up that 80k is a lot of miles. Also, keep in mind that trade-in value for a car with 80k won’t be much so you might also want to get a quote from CARMAX.

As far as the issues you’re having goes, go onto YouTube & search videos for your same problems. There are a lot of good tutorials on there for various car issues & fixes. I used it to change a battery in a 2013 Focus.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
you consider 11,000 miles a year a lot of driving? And you didn't answer my question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts