Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 5" autometer autogage series tachometer with shift light and ford racing tach driver for 80 bucks. Does anyone know how the tach hooks up to the spi? none of the local fj and focus enthusiasts have any clue how to hook it up since its not a duratec or zetec. I did a little research and found that some of the wires hook up to pcm pins 21 and 22 or ecu pin 48? What does this mean? I can figure some stuff out with hayne's repair manual, but I really need your help on this one. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Pin 48 is the hookup spot for the Zetec. On it there is a bolt into the bottom of your computer (under dash on passenger side. Remove that bolt and the wiring harness connector will pop of exposing a large plug all of the holes have a corresponding number (ends of each line of pins is numbered on the connector). Keep in mind that is the Zetec and Im not sure where your SPI computer is or if it even looks the same.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
HEY I have this same set up

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
oh and by the way you don't need the tach adaptor if you going to use pin 48, but if since you have the adaptor might as well us the crank shaft postioning sensor

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does anybody have a little more info? pretyy plz. i really need help

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
come on ford focus community, rally together and help me install my tach!

·
Registered
950 Posts
should've bought a new cluster...

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
see message in technical check. Yeah should of bought a new cluster so you don't look ricetastic

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anybody know a good source for: key on power supply 12V (red wire), common chassis ground (black wire, negative battery terminal?), dash lighting power (white wire), and i think that we have already established that the green wire goes to powertrain control module #48. any other advice on how to splice so i dont electrocute? myself, damage electrical components, or short-circuit and cause a fire? (perhaps materials that i need, if longer wires, then their approximate lengths, etc.) thankyou!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts