Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not that this has anything to do with it though it may, after having my 03 SVT sit parked for a while in some heavy snow, upon driving it again a light on the dash which I'm guessing is the air bag light is lit. The light looks like a seatbelt symbol with the addition of a round part within symbol. What are some possible causes of such a light to be on?

some reasonable guesses with hope are that the extreme cold somehow caused a sensor to malfunction, though I honestly have no idea where the sensor for that light is located or what the purpose of it is.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
A loose connector or broken wire under the seat could cause this, e.g., jamming an ice scraper under the seat in a hurry.

If it is the air bag it should flash a code two or three times when you turn the car on, and then go solid. The code will give some indication of where the problem might be.

Write down the number of flashes, noting the short vs. long pauses between the flashes. The flashes will represent a two digit code, repeated 2-3 times.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from what I remember it is just a solid light, I have not been under the seat recently, short of a break in, absolutely nothing physically changed in the car from before it snowed to afterward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts