Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
short story.
01 zx3 zetec. moved all fuses and relays(even ones inside cabin). does not turn over. relay clicks neutral safty switch was bypassed about 6 months ago.(still the same as when i did it) does push start and runs fine after pushed... dont know where to look to fix this. any ideas lemme know

longer story
bottomed out yesterday on my way to work. (construction zone) busted my downstream o2. replaced it and all was fine. driving all day. was messing around with making a phone mount. and after i finished up not turning over...(all i messed with is tying into the power and ground for radio to power my charger. removed it and doesnt change anything) wasnt sure if hazards or anything could do it. i think it is to do with the p.a.t.s. but no clue and i only have one key to the car and not sure how to test anything.

starter alt batt are all under 6 months old.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
short story.
relay clicks...
does push start and runs fine after pushed...
i think it is to do with the p.a.t.s. but no clue and i only have one key to the car and not sure how to test anything...
starter alt batt are all under 6 months old.
It's not PATS if the car will run with a push start. PATS immobilzes more than just the starter circuit. If the starter relay clicks, the starter circuit is fine and you most likely simply have a dead battery. Don't make the mistake of assuminng that because something is "under 6 months old" it's not faulty. If your alt has failed again - and big box reman alts have a horrible rep here - your battery could simply be drained and your starter won't engage with such a low voltage.
First step is to measure battery voltage; you should see 12.6V or more on a good battery.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ended up being the starter ,

also the one i put in is now(as of 1/24) sticking and not dis in-gauging as fast as it should be... so its gonna be going out soon :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts