Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GO easy on me, i haven't looked up things for my car in sooo long. However last time i looked i never found a complete turbo kit for the SVTF.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Focus-Zetec-L4-2-0L-T3-T4-Turbo-Kit-Manifold-Downpipe-/200541986887?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Submodel%3ASVT%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item2eb13be047#ht_5392wt_1167

It's just so convincing when it specifically points out that it will fit my car aaaannd won't cost the 4k that Xios is asking for.

If anyone has tried this or any similar ebay kits some input would be most eggzellent.

Thanks!!

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
If you search around here you'll see endless threads on this.....it's been covered a lot.

No.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
If ur running ebay wheels,headlights,bodykit,tails and exhaust this may complete ur chinaification lol. 100% fail.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
GO easy on me, i haven't looked up things for my car in sooo long. However last time i looked i never found a complete turbo kit for the SVTF.
And when was the last time you looked? You're livin in the stone age, man. Xios is basically out of business and Top Speed makes an awesome kit for the SVT that will support over 500whp if you have the motor for it...

·
Registered
383 Posts
One thing I've learned with forced induction is to save up your money and get quality parts/engine management. Not that you can't have a budget build, but some things I've seen are just setup for disaster. It's esp. sad to see someone build a great setup, but cheap out on engine management. Just save and get what you want.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
The price difference between an "inexpensive" eBay kit and an "expensive" kit from a reputable business is a wash when you consider the cost of making a cheap kit fit and doing all of the replacing of quick to break parts from that kit.

It also pales in comparision to the cost of not blowing up your motor.

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Focus-Zetec-L4-2-0L-T3-T4-Turbo-Kit-Manifold-Downpipe-/200541986887?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Submodel%3ASVT%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item2eb13be047#ht_5392wt_1167

It's just so convincing when it specifically points out that it will fit my car aaaannd won't cost the 4k that Xios is asking for.

If anyone has tried this or any similar ebay kits some input would be most eggzellent.

Thanks!!

·
Vinyl + LED guru
4,243 Posts
Those who cannot afford a real turbo kit and are not properly educated as to what it takes to have a turbo car should stick to N/A builds. Better yet, don't touch the car and take a bus.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
could help the people who buy e-bay kits install them, by that i mean ill bend all the piping to fit over your head.

save up and get toms, top speed's, fswerks, ect.. kit. or peice it together yourself with good parts.

check the bst section i have seen a few decent kits go for around 2000-2500 all you would need is some tuning for a low boost application.

power, cheap, reliable.... pick 2.

·
Vinyl + LED guru
4,243 Posts
You need to look and KNOW what it includes, what else you need, tuning options, etc.

Someone looking at an ebay kit could just as easily buy half a kit from someone on here and not even know they were missing half the parts they needed til it was 3 hours into installation time lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts