·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving normally again after 5k miles.
No dash lights
Oil is fine
Everything is serviced..

Rainy day, 60mph on highway. (Slow cuz didn't wanna hydroplane)

Anyways all a sudden. BAM! Engine fault service now pops up on the screen.

A feeling of loss of power happens so I instantly pull over and stop the car

I waited about 10 minutes. Restarted the car, still no dash lights.
I try putting it into drive... and start rolling and ...the first shift is EXTRENELY dramatic and jerky along with the second and so forth... I then stopped the vehicle again cuz there's no way it would make it up to speed to mere back on the highway.

15. Mins later I start it up. Drive again and everything is 100% normal. Shifts are crisp and I make it 10 miles back home. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM THIS TIME?
Please tell me it's not serious or it's a ECU fault.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to mcdonalds really quick to get food it's only a mile down the rod. Shifts seem somewhat normal but not 100%.
Now next to the drivethru the sounds echo much better so I started hearing an annoying hissing sound and got real worried and wanted to shut the car off but wasn't able to cuz drive thru line lol. So anyone know what the hissing could be ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Driving normally again after 5k miles.
No dash lights
Oil is fine
Everything is serviced..

Rainy day, 60mph on highway. (Slow cuz didn't wanna hydroplane)

Anyways all a sudden. BAM! Engine fault service now pops up on the screen.

A feeling of loss of power happens so I instantly pull over and stop the car

I waited about 10 minutes. Restarted the car, still no dash lights.
I try putting it into drive... and start rolling and ...the first shift is EXTRENELY dramatic and jerky along with the second and so forth... I then stopped the vehicle again cuz there's no way it would make it up to speed to mere back on the highway.

15. Mins later I start it up. Drive again and everything is 100% normal. Shifts are crisp and I make it 10 miles back home. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM THIS TIME?
Please tell me it's not serious or it's a ECU fault.
I had a similar experience yesterday. Driving in the rain and the service engine soon warning came on. Car was losing power, drove to Ford dealer. Shut off the car. Went inside to see about service and they're "booked solid". Went outside and started the car. No problem. No warning message. Car is running normal. I've already had my TCM reflashed a year and a half ago. Anyone have any thoughts ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Most likely the TCM my wife's car did similar things a few years back and it ended up being a faulty TCM. Never threw any lights just acted weird then almost normal after sitting for a while. Just because the TCM has been refreshed doesn't mean it can't fail. It's been over 60k miles since it was replaced on our 13 and it's been just fine... Ford has extended the warranty coverage on the TCM to 150k miles for almost all Foci now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got out of the dealership . They checked all the wiring and modules. Everything checks out. They scanned it and there were no codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts