Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what, I drive a Civic. I have never been beat by a Focus, but I respect their potential which is why I am on this sight. There are not enough really fast Foci around and I want to make one. I maybe working for Ford here in a couple of weeks and if I do, it wont be too much longer till there is a Focus in my garage. I have searched and searched this forum but no one seems to talk about the hard numbers (1/4 miles actual dyno charts). Everyone talks about what CAI to get or how much horsepower spark plugs will give them. There is too much fluff posts here so I am trying to cut through it. Look at the SVT forum and most of the posts have nothing to do with performance. I was hoping to get mo info out of this forum. Since I pissed everyone off by bringing up 'SVT' here tell me about some all motor zetec mods. I think a FULLY built N/A focus could be one of the best sleepers around, I know I would loose to one. I am really interested in HP numbers of different head packages. Yeah I shoulda logged out last night, but that dosn't make me a jackass FOKUZSPORT (what with the silvia neway). MOFOCUS thanks ('now my firends car . . . 'LMAO).

EVERYONE DONT HATE ON A CIVIC. There would be no SVT Focus, SRT4, WRX, SE-R, MAZDASPEED here in the states if not for the civic and the aftermarket for it. ACTUALLY talk as much $#!+ as you can about the new Si. They lick balls and thats why I want to get a Focus.

·
Registered
793 Posts
most people dont hate on the civics, mostly hate on the jerks that drive them, but this is the same for other cars as well

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
depends on how streetable you want the focus to be. i personally would never go fully built n/a because its so easy to make power with a turbo. www.focus-power.com has the best zetec turbo kit around and with a built bottom end and some tranny work you can run 12s. on a stock motor with a good tune and good fuel u can run a low 13. i think he even ran a 12.9 once.

as far as n/a with head work, stage 3 cams, geared, i could see a high 13 out of her, maybe lower with a good driver.

what engine does ur civic have and what have u been runnin?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been doing my best to look for dyno charts for potential upgrades, and from what I've found simple bolt-on stuff isn't gonna get you much. Ford's done a pretty good job of the usual stuff like intake, intake manifold, factory headers etc.

If you go to Ford and pick up a Motorsport catalogue, they have a nice chart showing figures for various mod-combinations including aftermarket head with hot cams and a list of bolt-ons.

If you don't feel like picking one up, send me an email @ [email protected] and I will scan up that chart and send to you....

To add my 2 cents, I believe a combination of well-chosen bolt-ons combined with a mild power adder (JR-supercharger, or mild turbo/intercooler application) and choice internal upgrades, would deliver a very strong, and very streetable sleeper. Then add brakes/suspension from SVT.

Booyah Grandma! [8D]

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eurozx3 i have the stock d16y8. I have invested $2000 in hp adders and run low 15's. (15.2 @91.74 first night at the track)

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
j_greene said:
EVERYONE DONT HATE ON A CIVIC. There would be no SVT Focus, SRT4, WRX, SE-R, MAZDASPEED here in the states if not for the civic and the aftermarket for it. ACTUALLY talk as much $#!+ as you can about the new Si. They lick balls and thats why I want to get a Focus.
Who's hating? You kinda came on a little strong with the attitude in your other thread. It's not like you came on here and said "Hi everybody I'm new here and I have a Civic that I'm thinking about replacing with a Focus" and then everyone bashed you for owning a Civic. You came on and had attitude with your first post. I don't care if you drive a Civic or an old ice cream truck.

I, for one, would have welcomed you aboard and helped with what I could, but after all, I'm useless because I don't have any hard numbers and all I do is post fluff. [rolleyes]

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
and yes you were being a jackass.. coming on to this forum and demanding and controlling.. like nobody can post because it wasnt anything about what you were demanding.. like you have been on this site for sometime.. yeah ok.

anyways.. just like 00focus said.. we dont hate hondas.. we hate the people that drive em. immature stuck up assholes who i love to pick on because there nuts havent dropped, and they think the world revolves around them because honda started it all and domestic cant join in on the fun. (if you dont beleive me.. ill direct you to lots of honda sites so you can see so your self) you dont get that out of other tuners from different cars. alot of you people act like your shit doesnt stink when your HP cant even come close to your torque. you have no respect for anyone. just how you came on to this thread.. with no respect. if you feel threatened by me.. GOOD. if you dont.. that wasnt my intention.

maybe if you can start over and introduce your self.. you'll get a warming atmosphere from all of us. if not, then in my mind your still a jack ass!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i think everyone stated their opinion that he came on strong. he did, u said he did, now get over it. he is doing his best on keepin his cool and asking for the info he seeks and not fighting with u guys. i ask u do the same and get over his other thread and not polute this one like that one.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Dont feel bad I also drive a Del Sol with a stock D16z6 besides my ZX3 focus, so you arent the only Honda person on here, and personally I like honda better, much more reliable motors

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Foci don't hold a candle to the Civics' potential. Why not just swap an H22 or B18c5 into the Civic? I think Civics run a mid 13 with an H22 & slicks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
an H22 means I will loose my AC. When it is 115 in july you rethink your whole preformance addiction. A b series swap will cost upwrads of 4 to 5 thousand and even then it may not run right. The focus already has a decent engine and is much cheaper than the older Si or Integra GSR.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I considered getting a 5th gen Civic & swapping an engine. The owner of a local tuner shop told me the swaps started at 2,500 & didn't get much more expensive. I ruled out the H22 for the same reason you did but the b18 seemed to be reliable. I was told the B18c5 & H22 would be about 4-5 grand because the motors cost so much.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
h22 are chaeper because they are everywhere (preludes) and no one does the swap as much. . . but enough about hondas. This is the wrong forum. I don't need everyone gang raping because I keep talking about hondas.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Honda or Focus everyone started with cars that had no upgrades(when they were first produced), Along came people like us with a strong disire for SPEED and here we are. While I havn't seen a really awe inspireing focus yet I agree they have potential. You can do anything with the right amount of time and money.
There are three thing to consider speed (time spent tuning) , money, quality, you can't have all three you have to give up on or the other, i.e. you can have fast and cheep but not reliable, or good and cheep but slow, or good and fast but not cheep.
The reason people race Honda's is because there are bolt ons for them, but keep in mind that when it all began there weren't. People invinted ways to make there cars fast, with trial and error we will have a 11s SVT.
I vote turbo, with other mods, but i'm biased.
BTW/ most tuners hate honda owners, from supras to SC's to musclecars they are not well liked because of attitude. I've seen guys in primered CRXs think that there car was the *&^% because of a bigger motor and( after getting beat by me) thought he could take a WRX turbo (after it beat me by four cars). the WRX guy was cool the honda guy was cocky. but either way you seem cool enough.

·
Registered
870 Posts
most ppl that i know dont drive foci for their enourmous hp or speed. I drive one just because it handles better of back windy roads than any other car i have drove.
I have also had the same experiences with civic owners especially the CRX owners. They think that just b/c it was fast in F&F that their car is fast. Even though its 15 yrs old and the engine is about dead.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts