Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the last straw im getting really sick and tired of this. Im going to bring it to ford and i hope they do something and find something wrong. Im a college student who uses this car to commute back and forth from school and with raising gas prices i cannot afford such a rediculous thing. So im going to go to ford and talk with a service tech to try to figure out what could be wrong with my car. What things could create such bad milage, besides air filter, oil change, driving habits.

Oh and i dont have any CEL lights on so how many of you think Ford will actually do something or just say theres nothing we can do?[:(!]

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Aww Keith, wtf? My mom's V6 Escape got better than that[:(]

I have no idea what it could be, I Really hope you can find the problem, and its solution. There must something they can do???

If they don't though, are you considering selling the car and finding something else? PS- I voted Yes in the name of optimism.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I hope they'll do something!

Our car has recently been getting about 21-23 MPG. So a little better than yours but it used to be getting like 28 MPG!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Havent you had this problem since you bought the car? Just to give you an inside of what they can do at the dealership, they have a computer called a WDS or even a palm type computer that they can hook up and take your car out for an extended drive to actually read what the MPG is. It shows it right on the screen as they are driving. Make sure they do a fuel consumption test.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
id love to sell my car or trade it for something else, but i still have alittle more to pay it off and i dont really have much money. And what am i going to tell the buyer or the dealer...my cars a pos and gets terrible gas mileage, they wont want it. Bascially im stuck with it unfortunatly, maybe ill get lucky and my parents will win big in vegas b/c then when i get back my focus will be gone faster then it took to fly back to NY.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
b16sir1991 said:
Havent you had this problem since you bought the car? Just to give you an inside of what they can do at the dealership, they have a computer called a WDS or even a palm type computer that they can hook up and take your car out for an extended drive to actually read what the MPG is. It shows it right on the screen as they are driving. Make sure they do a fuel consumption test.
yes ive had this problem since i got it, and at 7500 miles i brought it to them and they performed the test i know about it. When they did it then they got 19mpg, and told me that theres no CEL lights on and the car seems to be running fine so there is nothing they can do and maybe the engine has to break in more. Well now im at 16500 miles....i think its broken in enough[?|]

And since this has been a problem since i bought it, i dont want them to find something majorly wrong and then me have to fork over a whole lot of cash to fix something that shouldnt be wrong in the first place. Just like when people tell me oh get a CAI, new exhaust better plug wires....i shoudlnt have to buy aftermarket parts and pay more to get the mpg im suppose to get

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Damn man, that just SUX! Is that highway mileage or city? Just curious.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jaykirs said:
Damn man, that just SUX! Is that highway mileage or city? Just curious.
city, ive done all hwy before and when i did that i got my highest gas milage ever....which was 21-22 mpg[:(!]. This tank i drove normal, b/c tank before that i grannyed it and got 19mpg.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
DrkKnight614 said:
city, ive done all hwy before and when i did that i got my highest gas milage ever....which was 21-22 mpg[:(!]. This tank i drove normal, b/c tank before that i grannyed it and got 19mpg.
OK, something is definitely wrong! I have an SVTF and I get about 20 MPG city and 33 to 34 MPG highway! That just blows me away that your mileage is that bad, Ford needs to figure out the problem and fix it for you! I can't help but think they will give you the runaround and try to feed you some BS. It just seems so typical with car dealers. I wish I had some advice to offer or some ideas as to why your mileage is so damn bad. If the car seems to be running properly ..... I am at a loss ... unless you were leaking fuel but you would likely smell it though .... hmmmm, I'll put on my thinking cap.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the only thing i can think of is the fuel pump....if something was wrong with it would i be experiencing any issues other then bad gas mileage. And yea i dont expect them to do anything b/c if there are no error codes that means they actually have to think and dig deep into things to find a problem, im under warrenty still and most techs do not wanna do that much work for free. I bet if i wasnt under warrenty theyd be more interested in helping, b/c then theyd be getting some money outta it. I wish they would just say screw the computer and use there knowledge to try to figure out the problem.....thats what they went to school for no, they didnt just go to learn the computer stuff and act like robots.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
trust me i feel you pain bro, 210 miles to the tank

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
svtguy21 said:
trust me i feel you pain bro, 210 miles to the tank
no offense but you dont...b/c you have an svt, i wouldnt mind so much if my car wasnt slow ontop of the bad gas milage.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Something is up with that, if they cant help you this time call Ford directly, ask the service manager to give you the 800# and call yourself. At this point, they should have an engineer involved. They can do that you know. If they cant figure out the problem (and you seriously have one) they can contact Ford and they can actually send an engineer out to find what the problem is. Your gas mileage is way too low. Even with Waynes performance tune i get way better than that on the highway.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
theyll probably tell me that its the wheels and performance tires on the car.....which were on the car when i bought the damn thing, im sure theyll think of same lame excuss to tell this "young ignorant kid" who probably doesnt know anything

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
inflate you tires, buy a new fuel filter, clean your air filter, there you done,

if you really wanna go far, put lighter wheels ans brakes on.

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
My only advice is to check on "lemon laws" in NY. [:(] Once the dealership has it in their mind that there's nothing wrong.. they'll probably keep that attitude.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
just to let you know, check the stats your car is not that much slower that mine, minus the tranny

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Logan175 said:
inflate you tires, buy a new fuel filter, clean your air filter, there you done,

if you really wanna go far, put lighter wheels ans brakes on.
Hmmmm, I believe his problem lies deeper than than that.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
^^^im with drkknight right now, i changed all my stuff out new tranny oil, oil, fuel filter, brakes, etc....all good and i getting less now, getting about 270 miles before my gas light comes on, and i have the SPI, normally itd go around 300-330 before the gas light came on im avg like 25 mpg right now, use to get about 29 in city

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jaykirs said:
Hmmmm, I believe his problem lies deeper than than that.
uhh yea b/c k&n filter has been recharged, tires are properly inflated and fuel filter has be replaced....please, im not ignorant.

just to let you know, check the stats your car is not that much slower that mine, minus the tranny

um, my car goes 0-60 in 10seconds, and the 1/4 in probably 17.5-18 seconds.....what does yours do? 0-60 in 7.5 seconds and 1/4 in 15.5? id say thats a big difference.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts