Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally recieved both my Steeda springs and my MBRP exhaust kit so it was time to let my local shop do their job and transform my yellow ZX3 from the SUV look to what it's supposed to look like. I'm really fortunate to have these people less than two miles where I live simply before they know their Focus cars inside out. this shop also happens to be the only shop in the south east that does the V8 conversions (officially Ford approved that is).

so here's some before and after shots:

I hated the HUGE gap between my 17" tires and wheels. it gave me that SUV look which is something I couldnt stand too much longer.

here's a few before and after pics of them doing the Steeda spring kit and the MBRP exhaust. first shot is from the dreaded lunch pale muffler. whimpy, whimpy, whimpy...

out with the old.......

....... in with the new.

look ma! no more lunch pale. [:p]

a few shots of the new springs installed. (kind of boring, but oh well....)

and here's the after shots.

* a few notes and comments. 1) I am very happy with the Steeda springs. they really did their job on my car which was obviously to lower the height which was approx. 1.5 inches both front and rear. not too much, but not too little, its just right. 2) the MBRP kit is another story. for starters, the pipe that attached to the stock flex pipe doesnt look like it was welded straight which means the pipe isnt perfectly in the middle of the exhaust pipe tunnel like it should be. I suppose I could complain to MBRP, but in the end it didnt affect the rear part of the exhaust's looks so I guess I can live with it. I also do not like how loud the system is. I was hoping for something a tad bit quieter, but oh well. I guess I'll have to live with it.

all in all I am happy with the way the car turned out.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Looks awesome, where in FL are you at? I badly need to get some enw springs on my ride and I've all but settled on the MBRP. Got any pics of the ride with rims on after the springs are installed and a pic of the rear with the new tip? Thanks...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Not too far from me ... whats the shops name and how much did it cost for the install (if you dont mind) post up here or PM me the details, thanks! And what % tint is that? Looks dark.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the shop's name is called "Tee's Customs". he's located in Tavares which is about 30 minutes north of Apopka. my total bill was something like $300 for both the exhaust and spring kit. Jim is a super nice guy and he really knows his Focus cars. like I said earlier, he's the one who stuffs V8's under the hoods of these cars. my tint is 5%, but unfortunately I cant say the name of the shop due to legality reasons. obviously its illegal tint so thefore the shop did it on a "hush hush" basis.

here's Jim's site: http://ford-v8-focus.com/

I also installed the Steeda CAI system which IMO is a $230 joke. I have litterally noticed no difference in performance between this and my stock air box. I would definitely not recommend this to any one unless they simply have money to burn.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Cool, thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Yeah 5% is super dark, but it looks nice.

·
Registered
930 Posts
black ST grille FTW.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I have said that over and over on here about the MBRP exhaust. Its nice quality, but way too loud. I had that system first and didnt take me long to take it off.lol. They have nice stuff, but just too loud.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Man that car looks nice. Not too far from me either. We should have an 05 focus meet :). I have the MBRP too but i dont think its too loud even with the Cosworth header. Hit me up on PM some time.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
looks great man. Your car would look amazing with the focussport CF lip.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Sorry to hear about the dislike of the MBRP.. I have it on my 01 Sedan and its GREAT!

MIKE! I CAN'T HEAR WHAT YOU'RE SAYING OVER THE GRUMBLE OF MY LOUD MBRP! WHAT? WHAT DID YOU SAY? I CAN'T HEAR YOU! THE MBRP IS TOO LOUD! hahahaha

.....and I have NO problems with that....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice looking ride. The first pic with the tint that dark almost looks like one complete window its crazy. I really like dark tint.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts