Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen examples of of H11 LED bulbs in white that have tons of diods but I can't find any available in yellow. The most number of diods I have seen is 27 for a yellow bulb. I have seen some white SMD LED bulbs with 68 diods!

Does anybody know where I can find a pair with around 68 diods? I WANT MY FOGS AS BRIGHT AS LEGALLY POSSIBLE without going to HID 3000K.

Thanx guys!

- F-BOMB

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
You need Hids for your fogs man. led are not going to cut it! ill take a pic of my ddm tuning 3000k fogs tonight for you(=
Even 100led is not going to be that bright for fog lights. sure they are bright but they would be pointless as fog lights

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason why I don't want to do the HID thing is that I know A LOT more is going to be involved. I have no idea where to mount the ballasta (er whatever it's called) I'm worried about electrical problems and possible bulb blow outs and then trying to get replacements at a local parts store. I guess I'm just always thinking Murphy's Law.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good points you got there, and the ballist placement is nothing, I just zip tied mine to my ac lines lol, but good luck with your led search and post some pics if you find them

·
Registered
135 Posts
Honestly you most likely would have a ballast go out before a bulb, but they are fog lights and not required like headlights are so you would have time to get a replacement bulb or ballast. But anyway I've had HID's in all of my vehicles and I've only had one problem and it was a ballast that went out on my old car but they lasted awhile (I don't remember exactly but it was like 2 years) and they were cheap eBay HID's, now I run DDM's Slim Ballast HID's on my Focus, & motorcycle and replaced my eBay HID's with DDM's Raptor kit before I purchased my Focus and not one problem.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
i have had zero problems i love my ddm tuning hids in my fogs and i have a set of h9's for my halo projectors that im installing next week.
How can you say no to this! This is with just the fogs on!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Not a big fan of the yellow, looks good tho, I'm more into my blueish whites but I'm kinda liking the yellow

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Not a big fan of the yellow, looks good tho, I'm more into my blueish whites but I'm kinda liking the yellow
Well you see yellow are the only ones that actually give benefit in the fog. the white and blue lights actually cause the fog to be worse to see through. as another member called them "ditch lights" when they are not yellow lol
cause all they are good for is looks and lighting ditches

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Well you see yellow are the only ones that actually give benefit in the fog. the white and blue lights actually cause the fog to be worse to see through. as another member called them "ditch lights" when they are not yellow lol
cause all they are good for is looks and lighting ditches
Lol I ain't hating, tho I do like they way mine look, and they are pretty Damn bright at night too

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
All this light talk, ditch light FTW! Fog lights would be completely useless in Las Vegas, no fog, ever! But as most have stated, leds are not yet powerful enough to produce the kind of light needed for safe driving. If your really looking for great light output, HID's are more then enough.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
782 Posts
All this light talk, ditch light FTW! Fog lights would be completely useless in Las Vegas, no fog, ever! But as most have stated, leds are not yet powerful enough to produce the kind of light needed for safe driving. If your really looking for great light output, HID's are more then enough.
Posted via FF Mobile
i live in the northeast... Fogs are great

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OOOOOOH SNAP! DDM had some yellow H11 LEDs putting out over 400 lumins. I use a single 300 lumins LED on my comuter bike, and blind car drivers at night (granted, my light is in a lot higher position); I also use it for night mountain biking and it is reeeeeeeally bright. I think 2 400+lumin bulbs should put out a decent amount of light. I'll keep you guys posted.

I also ordered turn signle lights, brake lights, licence plate lights, and the reverse lights; all LEDs. This should make for an interesting night-time look.

Thanks again for the help guys. I really like being a new (to me) Focus owner.

-F

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
OOOOOOH SNAP! DDM had some yellow H11 LEDs putting out over 400 lumins. I use a single 300 lumins LED on my comuter bike, and blind car drivers at night (granted, my light is in a lot higher position); I also use it for night mountain biking and it is reeeeeeeally bright. I think 2 400+lumin bulbs should put out a decent amount of light. I'll keep you guys posted.

I also ordered turn signle lights, brake lights, licence plate lights, and the reverse lights; all LEDs. This should make for an interesting night-time look.

Thanks again for the help guys. I really like being a new (to me) Focus owner.

-F
And my pics above in this post are of the h11 3k ddm hids. That is the ones you must see(=

1 - 20 of 27 Posts