Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello iam new to this forum. I have a ford focus year 2000 with a zetec engine. The valve cover is currently leaking and i will get that fixed soon but i have noticed that in my coolant reservoir i have this yellow chalky gunk and the coolant itself is yellow. The oil in the engine is fine no milky oil or antifreeze in there . I think this will be the head gasket but iv also heard that this can be rust in the radiator. My other question can a valve cover leak make the oil leak all the way down the motor or just the top part of the engine? and also the engine sounds perfectly fine and no white smoke coming out of the engine.
Thanks and i hope you guys can help me out
THanks!

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
IIRC some Foci came with the gold coolant and some with green.
http://www.fordparts.com/Products/Chemicals-EngineProducts-Coolants.aspx

So the yellow isn't from oil or anything wrong. But the gunk might be from the coolant being old.
If the system has never been flushed you should do so. Also you can have the coolant tested to see if it needs to be flushed by the dealership (or local repair shop). What they do is test the PH for acidity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!, I also forgot to add that some of the gunk is brown would this still be old coolant or oil coming in in to the coolant system?
thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts