Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing that its radiator fluid, but is there any chance the fluid coming out of the car may be tranny fluid leaking from CV joints? The car really didn't start leaking until about a week ago. Some days it does alot and some days it doesn't leak at all...or appear to leak at all. I know its not water though. Its too oily feeling to be water. Any thoughts. I haven't crawled under the car yet to look, its too fricking cold still. Thanks.

Scott

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sounds like someone is pissing on your car.. lol

Anyhow is it the same color as your anti-freeze (compare it) i usually take a sample and put it in a clear cup.

Nothing else it could be other then anti-freeze, brake fluid/power steeing or windsheild washer fluid. very easy to rule them out if you ask me..

Jason

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ford puts Yellow Antifreeze in their cars stock, so that is likely the case, as i recall TX fluid is RED, and i forget what brake fluid is... but the onlyyellow fluid your car would have is the coolant/antifreeze or yea possibly your windsheild wiper fluid...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I assume the engine has freeze plugs on it. It looks like it could be coming from the back side of the engine. I just need to get under it to see where its coming from. Water pump, freeze plugs, or perhaps the connection to the heater core. Those would be my primary guesses. Its coming from the passenger rear side of the engine...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
It is most likely the infamous o-ring thermostat housing leak. It leaks out of the therm. housing on the driver side of the head, down onto the transaxle, and then under the car near the middle/passenger side. It was a headscratcher for me too cuz I was like...how is coolant gettin there...The fix is a simple one and is contained in some threads in technical forum.

·
Registered
395 Posts
housing

It is most likely the infamous o-ring thermostat housing leak. It leaks out of the therm. housing on the driver side of the head, down onto the transaxle, and then under the car near the middle/passenger side. It was a headscratcher for me too cuz I was like...how is coolant gettin there...The fix is a simple one and is contained in some threads in technical forum.
Ya it sucks. I thought it was the gasket and got a new one and it still leaked. than i went to ford to look at a new housing and the inter lip was deteorated. got a new housing and it good as new...

·
CloudNine88's Man
3,465 Posts
What area is the leak in comparrison to your car?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts