Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2003 ZX3... the yellow light with an arrow occasionally comes on when I'm revving in gears 2, 3, or 4 but goes off immediately if I back off the accelerator. The car came with no owners manual. Never comes on in fifth. I was planning on driving to Focusfest from Chicago but am now concerned about a possible major problem brewing.

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Yes. That is your shift light. It tells you when to shift for the best fuel mileage. It will adjust slightly the "sportier" you're driving as well. At least mine seems to.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Is that the shift light?
I thought it was the imminent engine self destruct warning light? [scratch]

Yes, it's a shift light. These engines have rev limiters for people who let it go too far, but it won't save you from damage due to shifting into a gear that is too low at high speeds.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I thought it was the imminent engine self destruct warning light? [scratch]

Yes, it's a shift light. These engines have rev limiters for people who let it go too far, but it won't save you from damage due to shifting into a gear that is too low at high speeds.
LoL
[:D]
I cant really laugh too hard,my 1st post on FF was because I accidently hit the overdrive switch on my first zx3 causing a mysterious green light to come on in the dash cluster.
I was clueless and thought it was some type of service light!

·
Registered
262 Posts
well...i have a 5spd, and if i undo my battery cables for 15-20mins, then turn the key on...that O/D off light will turn on, cycle thru two colors(yellow and green i think) then ill never see it on again. i figure its a inital cluster test. and all the indicator lights are LED soddered to the board. but my ABS light never comes on(i dont have ABS, but i dont have a switchable overdrive either) i just find it OdD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts