Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone happen to have personal experience they care to share?

What did you feel offered the best 'fog light' color?

Bought some brand new SVT fogs and yellow bulbs to install. Just not sure if I should also buy some yellow Lamin-x or get clear because the bulbs will be yellow enough.
Trying to save $20 if I can basically.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the Lamin-x yellow covers.

I prefer them to bulbs because they offer extra protection for the fog light and clear bulbs are more readily available in my area. I have broken a few foglights from rocks that are thrown from trucks, but have not had one break since putting the cover on.

If you have the colored bulbs already, and like them, I would get the clear covers as they will definitely help to prevent damage to the fog light.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts
I thought you would know this question. Having both on the car will lower output of the lights....But personal experience, I would buy the actual yellow lights not the film.

But it all comes down to personal preference of where you live, conditions, la di da.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,214 Posts
I have clear film and yellow bulbs, vice versa doesn't work as well the output is not as yellow. Both will get the color back, but diminishes output more.

Now that I think about it my final decision was based on yellow lenses on a yellow car might look funky. Also I can swap to clear bulbs. Yellow lenses looks great on black though.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Both just arrived from amazon today. I plan on putting both the yellow bulb and laminx on tomorrow.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Yellow will go great with the green indeed!

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is REALLY yellow, to my liking.
I just have the bulbs now and it's acceptable. But no poor weather to test if they work well or not.

How'd yours do with the rain?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
My 04 had yellow bulbs for function and yellow lamin x to look good (to me atleast). It was great for rain/fog/etc. Much better than the whites that were on before. So I've already ordered both for the new one.

·
Registered
486 Posts
That is REALLY yellow, to my liking.
I just have the bulbs now and it's acceptable. But no poor weather to test if they work well or not.

How'd yours do with the rain?
The yellow light output is not as high as the white light but the contrast is so much better. There is no longer a "wall" of white in heavy rain or tire spray from 18 wheelers.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,214 Posts
I went with yellow 9005 bulbs in my SVT fogs so output was brighter than stock regardless. I have yet to try the 9005 silverstars that I got for free.

I got caught out in a freak storm shortly after I installed them, the highbeams it made it worse with the "wall". White light reflects off snow and rain, yellow goes "through" it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts