Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife has been hinting that she was about ready to pull the trigger on a new Tri-coat White SEL with the 303A package.

Of course she knows this much "detail" about the car through me researching for her and helping her make up her mind. And she had already test driven an SE when the first couple of cars arrived a few months back.

So I agree to meet her at the dealer on the way home from work. I got there early. I sat to talk to our salesman that we have known for about 12 years. We started talking Mustangs and we walked out to see a Boss he wanted to show me. And there it was. The first car I have seen in "Yellow Blaze". I loved it! Told him that is the coolest color I have seen a Mustang in yet! Then I said too bad that color isn't available on the Focus.

You know the rest of the story. [:)~]

Yea, it does. And they had a FULLY loaded Titanium dressed up in that controversial color. In fact, he said that it had already been the ONLY Focus that had been hard to move.

The wife thought I was nuts. She had spent so much time meticulously planning the EXACT car she would buy and what the Sam's price would be. She was stunned I would even contemplate the Titanium.

But then we went for a little ride. [:D]

Before we even got out of the parking lot I paired my IPhone to the Focus and cranked up "Perfect Day".

She bit. Hook line and sinker. She looks great in Yellow Blaze! And after 30 years of putting up with me, she deserves 2 of em. [:)]

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
""In fact, he said that it had already been the ONLY Focus that had been hard to move. ""
I HOPE you got a little extra deal on it...

I could NOT expect much of a special deal on my Yellow Blaze SE manual tranny, I had to search for one and found it far away.. i has chatted with the dealer salesman online and made an appt to see it even though i was 60 miles away.
So all i felt i could ask for was thier advertised on-line discount.
My favorite local dealer had a Yellow Blaze but with an auto tranny, and they too had a difficult time selling it. Thier customers are usually VERY conservative.
Glad you like yours.. I like mine too.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Congratulations and [welcome]!

I love my Yellow Blaze Titanium. After two weeks of ownership and living in a small town, folks around here are still having trouble figuring out what it is. "That's a Focus, seriously?" [giddy]

·
Registered
496 Posts
My dad owns a 2007 Grabber orange mustang, another very controversial color. Anyone who owns a Yellow Blaze focus, find on of these mustangs, open your door, and compare doorjamb color to the GO finish. Yep. Yellow Blaze is actuall Grabber Orange with a pearl coat. Both colors are absolutely tops.

The more you know!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was shopping for Race Red, so glad the only one I found was a Yellow Blaze. Best forced-decision I've ever had to make!

·
Registered
84 Posts
The wife has been hinting that she was about ready to pull the trigger on a new Tri-coat White SEL with the 303A package.

Of course she knows this much "detail" about the car through me researching for her and helping her make up her mind. And she had already test driven an SE when the first couple of cars arrived a few months back.

So I agree to meet her at the dealer on the way home from work. I got there early. I sat to talk to our salesman that we have known for about 12 years. We started talking Mustangs and we walked out to see a Boss he wanted to show me. And there it was. The first car I have seen in "Yellow Blaze". I loved it! Told him that is the coolest color I have seen a Mustang in yet! Then I said too bad that color isn't available on the Focus.

You know the rest of the story. [:)~]

Yea, it does. And they had a FULLY loaded Titanium dressed up in that controversial color. In fact, he said that it had already been the ONLY Focus that had been hard to move.

The wife thought I was nuts. She had spent so much time meticulously planning the EXACT car she would buy and what the Sam's price would be. She was stunned I would even contemplate the Titanium.

But then we went for a little ride. [:D]

Before we even got out of the parking lot I paired my IPhone to the Focus and cranked up "Perfect Day".

She bit. Hook line and sinker. She looks great in Yellow Blaze! And after 30 years of putting up with me, she deserves 2 of em. [:)]
Congrats on the Focus. I love the Yellow Blaze also.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I wish I could have seen every color in person before ordering but alas I could not. Brochures and websites don't really give a true indication. I wanted Kona blue but took Sonic blue as the problems in Japan were affecting color availability when I ordered. My last four cars were gray, black, white, and silver. I just wanted some color. About a week after picking up my car I took it back for an overnight stay while they did the remote start install. I came in to pick it up the next day and they had a Yellow blaze out in the lot awaiting pick up for a customer. Really nice looking. When ordering it never even crossed my mind to think about that color. When seeing it I totally changed my opinion. Much better than it looked in the brochure and on the website. Some deeper orange behind it really darkens it in a slick looking way.

Color is always subjective I suppose and even though I wasn't considering any neutrals one of the salepeople at the dealership I used had gotten his Sterling gray and I took a look at that. Really nice.

Anyhow, hope you (both) are enjoying the car. It is a sweet color.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well she took her new car home last night. In the dark.
Got up early this morning and went to work. In the dark.
So she is just now sittin outside in the drive trying to figure out what ANY of those buttons do. She said "They're Everywhere!" [:)]

I, on the other hand, stayed up late last night and read up (crammed) on some of the stuff it does. I snuck out last night and paired her IPhone, preset her favorite radio station, in HD no less, and entered our house and her work place into the NAV system.

I made one mistake. Since I did all that without the engine running, I had pushed one of the buttons right above the drivers head to keep the "interior lights" on while I fiddled. So this morning I noticed she hadn't driven off long after she had gotten in the car. I went out to check on her and she was all frazzeled holding the manual in one hand and pushing everything she could think of with the other. I asked what she was trying to do. And she told we with bewilderment that she just wanted the dome lights to go off so she could leave. She was so pathetic. I couldn't help but laugh. I said "Honey, look up. Straight up above your head. Hit one of those 2 buttons"

Then I gave her a peck on the cheek and got back out of the passenger side of the car.

I gotta remember DON'T DO that again. [8D]

Car is stunning. How can this be a C-class car? Just amazing.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I love it!!!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I just picked up my Yellow Blaze Titan last night, loving it and got lots of stares/turn heads on the road!
What are you waiting for ? Put some photos to see your "beauty". As my wife says : "Finally, you have someone that obeys you without complains". Grrrr [boxface][:)]

·
Registered
683 Posts
I just picked up my Yellow Blaze Titan last night, loving it and got lots of stares/turn heads on the road!
Congratulations and welcome! I sure love my yellow blaze.

[cheers]

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've yet to see a YB in person, but there's a certain colored Titanium hatch arriving at my local dealer on Monday.

And I just wired the $5000 deposit. [:D]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well she took her new car home last night. In the dark.

I, on the other hand, stayed up late last night and read up (crammed) on some of the stuff it does. I snuck out last night and paired her IPhone, preset her favorite radio station, in HD no less, and entered our house and her work place into the NAV system.

Snakebit, You sound like a great hubby! Very sweet story.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts