Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my paint in to cover a very small spot on the hood. It doesn't seem to have much tint but a lot of carrier. First coat didn't really even show. Has anyone else used their's? What was your experience?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Does take a few coats. Take your time. Use the end of a match from a match book. You can cut the match down to a finer point if needed. My Yellow Blaze touch up paint didn't quite match either. But that's what you'll have.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The super metallic colors will NEVER match. Better to use a clearcoat stuff only . (Unless the paint color is actually chipped out)
Same thing if you have a fender bender... the repaint will almost NEVER match unless done by a true expert.
(Dealer, a BIG dealer with a big bodyshop...or a professional restorer to do the painting..)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just got my paint in to cover a very small spot on the hood. It doesn't seem to have much tint but a lot of carrier. First coat didn't really even show. Has anyone else used their's? What was your experience?
I have found you need to really shake the touch-up paint, 5 to 10 minutes to get it to mix.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The super metallic colors will NEVER match. Better to use a clearcoat stuff only . (Unless the paint color is actually chipped out)
Same thing if you have a fender bender... the repaint will almost NEVER match unless done by a true expert.
(Dealer, a BIG dealer with a big bodyshop...or a professional restorer to do the painting..)
I wonder how to get the overcoat? The two chips (got a new one) are through both layers so I'll need to put some color under it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts