Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got hooked on wanting a Yellow Blaze color Focus.
I also wanted a manual transmission, and even though i live in a big metro area, none to be found.
I lucked out on searching the net for a Yellow Blaze with what i wanted, and lucked out finding a small town dealer with just what I wanted in stock. I drive the 60 miles and bought it the same afternoon. that was two days ago.
I already am getting jokes about owning a cab..
I just love the color.
So cheer for your Yellow Blaze Focus here!
(and if you have another unusual color, you can join in too.)

A short rant about colors of cars...
In general I am tired of having grey or black, or white , but mostly grey cars as nearly the only choice anymore.
Seems some companies actually have NO choice other that a shade of black grey, silver, white and the obligatory red.
My previous car was a nice tropical green. i loved it. now Green seems to have disappeared from the carmakers color palette, and have most other colors.
Even blue is getting kind of rare. The color is offered, but dealers just do not carry it. Same with the soft green color called "Frosted Glass" Focus.. very rare. (I would have considered the Frosted Glass color, but the options for it were very limited, no alloy wheels... no sport package... so no Frosted Glass for me)
I can go to a dealer, and look out over the rows of cars, and all you see are grey..
Sad.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes same Story here, it was love at first sight, Ive got lots of compliments for my car everywhere, from people taking pictures to ladies asking me to take a look inside, i just enjoy this attention :)))

·
Registered
181 Posts
Want color? Befriend someone with a fleet account number. This way you'll be able to choose from the thousands of availalble fleet colors! You'll have to work out all the financial details ahead of time and just to be safe you may want to have some sort of contract between the two of you but it can work.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I love the Lime Squeeze Fiesta. Wish I could get that color on a Focus.

Out of the rather boring paint selection, I too opted for Yellow Blaze. It's a gamble as I haven't seen one in person, but out of the photos posted here I quite like its yellow/orange sheen. [:D]

·
Registered
683 Posts

Out of the rather boring paint selection, I too opted for Yellow Blaze. It's a gamble as I haven't seen one in person, but out of the photos posted here I quite like its yellow/orange sheen. [:D]
My wife and I wanted the Lime color too! That said, the YB is gorgeous and we have no regrets.

·
Registered
182 Posts
In general I am tired of having grey or black, or white , but mostly grey cars as nearly the only choice anymore.
Seems some companies actually have NO choice other that a shade of black grey, silver, white and the obligatory red.
Fiat 500 comes in all kinds of colours! :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yellow Blaze is a great color. My 2 favorites are Yellow blaze and Candy blue.... Idk how I ended up owning a race red... lol

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
I will say the yellow blaze looks amazing with the black grill really shows it off nice. Good choice for all who picked yellow blaze. :)

·
Banned
571 Posts
YB was my first pick. Wife talked me out of it saying she felt resale value would be lower as less people would want yellow. I told her it would be more valuable because there were less of them! She won :(

·
Registered
724 Posts
Gee! The Focus has one of the most varied choices of colors out there. I ordered mine in Candy Blue.

As far as what dealers stock; they stock what the majority of customers want. Black, white, silver and grey are the most popular colors year in and year out so that is what they stock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
YB was my first pick. Wife talked me out of it saying she felt resale value would be lower as less people would want yellow. I told her it would be more valuable because there were less of them! She won :(
My wife and I had the same conversation but with a different result [grinking]

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

If you have not seen it in person, it is really fabulous.
It can look like a yellow gold color, or just a glittering bright yellow, depending on the light.
The third sort of color is a warm buttery pumpkin like look.
So if you like Yellow, you will enjoy it.

I really also liked the original Focus bright Yellow. It is the best Yellow color I ever saw on a car.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
meh, I'm all for eye-popping color but at the end of the day, I LOVE the sterling grey metallic... I wouldn't mind the more vibrant colors but I came from a black Mazdaspeed 3 and it was hot and a bitch to clean, I didn't want a crazy color because I'm a pretty reserved person, that said if the Lime Squeeze was available it'd be in my driveway, lol.

Still, cool thread topic, it's always cool to see who loves their crazy colors and why!

·
Registered
683 Posts
My YB Titanium 5-door has been at the dealer for about a week now. I'll take delivery on Tuesday September 6 and am VERY excited. When picking out our color, we took the time during road trips and traveling to actually view every color that was available 3 months ago (which I believe was all of them). I'm talking probably 6 dealers that are spread over 300 miles. Neither of us wanted another common / blend in the parking lot color. Candy Red, Blue Candy, Frosted Glass and Yellow Blaze were our top 4. The YB just really caught our eye and we knew it was the color for us. We just couldn't stop staring at it on a bright sunny day.

A few days ago while traveling down state (my dealer of choice is 75 minutes away), my wife stopped with the kids at Darling's Ford. They found our new car and my daughter (a young but aspiring photojournalist) took a pile of pictures. Here is a link to a few of them...
http://imageshack.us/g/197/dscn5182m.jpg/ Granted, it was a rainy day, but that's my new baby!!!

If anyone is wondering, the light green Toyota Sienna in the background of a few pictures is staying in the "fleet" and is known as the Flying Pickle. The new Ford Focus name is as of yet undetermined.

[ffrocks]
[cheers]

·
Banned
571 Posts
If anyone is wondering, the light green Toyota Sienna in the background of a few pictures is staying in the "fleet" and is known as the Flying Pickle. The new Ford Focus name is as of yet undetermined.

[ffrocks]
[cheers]
How about the Bonzai Banana [thankyou]

·
Registered
683 Posts
How about the Bonzai Banana [thankyou]
You may just be onto something! My vehicles have always had their names find them, instead of being assigned.

[:D]

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a Yellow Blaze SE on hold in Syracuse I found with all the options I wanted! I can't wait. Going to get it on friday![clap]

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have a Yellow Blaze SE on hold in Syracuse I found with all the options I wanted! I can't wait. Going to get it on friday![clap]
Cool, good luck getting a decent night's sleep tomorrow night!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts