Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got one of my long-awaited mods done today. Bought used for $150 and install was fairly easy.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah....my engine bay is pretty dirty, lol.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yeah dude that thing's making me cry [:D] hey by the way, y'know the rubber thing that is under the wipers that is all dimpled? I found an awesome way to make it black again, and well......whatever, just use armor all or similar cleaner, restored it back to black.....

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Like we talked about, put the hose clamps you are missing on, and you'll be good 2 go man.
Excellent choice of intake, and great deal you got. Enjoy it!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
i bet mine is dirtier.[histerical]

looks good.[headbang]
well you got him there (mind if I put this up? we're gonna compare engine bays :B)

and mine: (insert Volant here)

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I need to get that ugly moss-foam stuff off, just never have gotten around to it. Also Jed, got those clamps on last night, so we're good to go!

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
wow those a are some dirty bays, mine is painted so i have to keep it nice

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure if I should powerwash the engine bay or not. Is that the best way to clean it?

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
W/o the volant snorkle the volant intake isnt really any good.. I have a volant btw, and when i put the stock stuff back on with a k&n filter i didnt notice any lower end lost, but i did notice gaining high end with the stock box.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I'm not sure if I should powerwash the engine bay or not. Is that the best way to clean it?
I always use the engine degreasing foam and then just spray it out with a garden hose(I wouldn't recommend using a pressure washer), of course covering all electronics with a plastic bag(in other words dont get water on electrcal components) then after I start it for 10 minutes to help it dry a bit. The an hour to two hours later I use armour-all on all the plastic parts it works good.

Soap and water do the same thing as engine degreaser though, but you still need to be careful of electrical components.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
engine brite foam, rinse and repeat for some of these use a blower or compressed air to dry the bay then when it is dry use detailer. i think it is also by engine brite that is what i do it looks nice

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
^^yeah thats what I use, the enginebrite foam, couldn't remember who made it, simple green also works wonders, smells like spearmint and it is biodegradable. Im going to use this next time, I use it on the CNC bandsaw and the CNC mill(both of which pump out about 30 gallons of oil based coolant a minute(it makes a mess), at work and it cleans off the coolant residue like nothing else ive tried, even cleans the soot off my hands better than the orange sandsoap when the day is over.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
ya i mean the stuff is amazing i used it on a 22 year old mustang that i dnt think had ever been cleaned and it did wonders

1 - 20 of 30 Posts