Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yet another factory sub box hack

this was a hack of a 2005 ST foactory box i wanted to put in a Diamond Audio D610D4 since i like the sub and its volume of air needed is about that of the factory box (plus about .1)

the basics take box cut up add some room with fiberglass and a lot of epoxy glue some more, add a speaker mount glue some more. wait a day. test

just ideas....

first i choped the box up using the factory plastic weld marks with a jigsaw (i first used a dremel then thought WTF was i dooing ... a jigsaw cuts this shit like clay

hole

then the fun part glass up that hole, i did some eyeball measuring and then added 1/4" and put some chicken wire up for a support glassed my box hole in and it adds the .1 ish needed to get the box to .6 add about 5 layers of cloth some epoxy then go make a snack.

time for some wood

back to the saw

holes hole every where... and another snack

then ...install

all done

this took about 24 hours to do. real easy. sounds great to me. might paint it some day but i doubt it.

focisincali - i know i will get the other system pics up very soon!! hehe i jsut wanna suprise everyone with the "final product"

this little hack was just a lot of fun so i wanted to share now

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
That is the same enclosure I have in my 03 SVTF. Thanks for posting that, I was trying to figure out a way to get my Alpine type S 10" in there. Guess I am off to buy glasing supplies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok I know this is going to sound like a dumb question, but where exactly is this sub located in your focus?! ive been trying to figure it out from the pic but just can't! help!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Very nice...

Is that the same enclosure that is used for the Machs?
Well, even if its not its the same concept.

Would make a nice how-to, just add how to use the glassing stuff. [thumb]

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Thats really sweet. I got the sub, box, and amp and part of the wireing harness to put in my focus but im not sure wat goes where. If someone can help please let me know hoe to do it.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
yay now i can order that box instead of trying to glass my own. does the bracket work for an 03 focus as well?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts