Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean I can be listening to ludacris one minute and have it sound good....and the next I could be listening to pantera or anthrax and have that sound good too...I am amazed at the frequency response of these l3's, I know that usually when you build a system you cant have the both of best worlds, like it sounds good with rap but doesnt sound good with alternative or vice verse.........THIS THING ROCKS OUT ANYTHING I THROW AT IT. I used to be a major MMATS groupie but since I went with kicker.......::gasp::dare i say that the kicker sounds just as good if not better the MMATS...I mean dont get me wrong I still love MMATS, I just think the way I have it set up now sounds the best!

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
My kickers are amazing :) I had rockford before and wasn't very impressed.... :-/

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Infinity FTW.........lol
glad its working out for you.
What settings are you using on the head unit (we have the same one) ?

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Car Audio & Electronics"

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yesh we do I have everything set to like minus-2 on my eq because the damn thing amplifies even the worse audio bit rate song so like for instance a 128 bit song sounds like it's a 320 bitrate song and with all the sound enhancements on the radio makes it crystal clear. I only use s. rtvl for the songs that are oldddddd like 80's stuff and I turn if off for newer songs where as you dont need it as much. You really dont notice how much you use bluetooth till you have it LOL.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
My kickers are amazing :) I had rockford before and wasn't very impressed.... :-/
what rockfords did you use?

iv got 2 t2d412" with a 1500.1bd costant power that are just unreal. was doing 143.9db with one of these 12s and amp. getting it tested in a few weeks. ( amps out for warranty ) i took 1st twice and 2nd twice in comps this summer. 2nd in both comps i did the summer before, but that was with 2
t1d410s and a t300.2. highest with that was 140.1 if i remember right.

[thankyou] ROCKFORD FOSGATE FTW [thankyou]

·
Registered
299 Posts
It has a lot to do with the box. Looks like your box is sealed, so the frequency response is a lot greater than anyone using a ported setup, since with the port you get higher output around the tuning frequency and it eventually rolls off. Good to know it's working like you want it though!

·
Registered
299 Posts
^^^ I just figured it was sealed since usually the port would be inbetween the subs on prefab boxes. Are they to the sides with aero ports? They must be tuned pretty high, like around 45Hz if you're getting good response on the upper side of the bass.

I personally like ground pounders more lol. My box is tuned to around 32Hz with my XXX12, nothing above 45Hz usually plays as loud as the lower end, but that's the exact way I want it lol.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Nice set up, I just picked up an L7 off cl to upgrade from my diamond d3 and just cant get over how load and good it sounds. The box it uses is huge to, so powerful it needs a ton of airspace lol

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
out of curiosity has anyone upped the amperage output of their alternators or is this all on stock setups? I see (hopefully) an auxillary battery up above so that just sparked my curiosity

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
nope, not yet, with my little amp and full system pounding, I'm showing 14.2v on the gauge. in the future I may upgrade when this one dies.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I upgraded to a 270A alternator from DC Power Engineering. It can put out 200 amps at idle! Definately recommend to anyone wanting an upgrade.

By the way, the stock alternator in my 2011 was 150A. Everyone says it's 110A, but it even says 150A on it. I'm not sure if all 2008-2011 will be 150A or not, but they should be. I had called Ford and they told me only 60A, which I knew was wrong. They probably just wanted to get me off the phone. I checked online everywhere and everyone said it was 110A, even some websites that do specs on cars. DC Power took the exact part number/code on the alternator and matched it up and told me it was 150A. So once I removed it and looked at the markings on it, it is in fact a 150A alternator. Lol.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
wow thats not bad for stock!
Any major upgrades to handle that much juice?
and that thing is friging expensive!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts