Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I missed the boat on the Powerworks for my SVT I'd like to hear from anyone about their experiences with the Xios turbo. Looks like a pretty good rig. Let me hear from all of you please.[gunfire]

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
It needs some changing in my opinion to be a good kit and there not willing to make the small changes needed

Hold off there are a few DIY kits coming out that I think you might be happier with

Tom

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I was almost thinking about this, if and when I go SVT.... but a price of $4K just seems high (I mean yeah, it's the whole kit) but a DIY kit would probably end up being cheaper, because you'd probably use cheaper materials as well.... lol

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have the Xios SVT kit custom fitted to a regular Zetec. It is converted to blow-through and has custom intercooler piping and a 2.5" to 3" downpipe. The only other thing I would change is the internal wastegate. It doesn't seem to hold well over 15psi but hopefully a good EBC would cure that problem. Here's my build thread if you feel like reading http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141324

·
Registered
51 Posts
I emailed those guys at Xios Motorworks about 4 times and called them once. I got no replies or anything. I went with the SPA DIY kit from C-F-M

·
Registered
803 Posts
Andreas is out of the country alot so just leave a message on their answering machine and they should get back to you within a reasonable time frame. The SPA kit seems to be a nice kit also though. However, IIRC, it also has some issues.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well, if you think the kit is overpriced, you can always buy the main components separately. For instance, see if they are still willing to sell just the manifold and downpipe.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Well, if you think the kit is overpriced, you can always buy the main components separately. For instance, see if they are still willing to sell just the manifold and downpipe.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I already have all my parts to start my install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts