Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought some i was reffered... they didnt come with power connectors to connect to the battery what should i do? anyone have a set of these?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I believe i owned that brand, I threw them in the trash! Sorry to here bout this can you get your money back?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ummm i have no idea i purchased them through ebay lol they are brandnew still in box i can probabaly resell them on ebay lol i was talkin to someone here tho bout them and he said they worked great so idk

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
you need a wiring harness to tie it all together

A)
87 : It's the power output that goes directly to the ballast (put an in-line 15A fuse in this line between the relay and ballast). This basically is power coming straight out of the battery and thru the relay and to your ballast so use heavy gauge wire like 12AWG or similar.
B)
86 : This is basically a ground wire for the circuit or relay. I just hooked up my negative terminal of the battery to this but others may suggest that you find a quality ground on the chassis. Try the chassis but MAKE SURE it's a quality ground. If not, it may appear like it's working but you may get intermittent problems with a faulty ground. If not sure-start with the battery.
C)
85 : This goes straight into the hot lead that turns on your low beams. Use a tester and find out which lamp going into your low beams (before it was HID) goes on when you turn on your headlight low beam switch. This is the one that you can use an in-line splice or find a way to solder this in place. This will simply tell the relay (when you turn on your low beams from inside your car) to pull current directly from the battery. This is why it's important to do this. It's a very simple design yet ingenious in many ways. You can still incorporate your OEM headlamp switch but not stress out the wiring associated with it.
D)
30 : You connect this straight to the positive terminal on the battery. The relay and positive terminal on the battery you MUST put a 30A fuse in-line. If you don't you defeat the whole purpose of this setup.
**Unless you have one relay for each ballast then it's just 15A main fuse**

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what your saying is (because i got two relays with my kit) and it didnt come with wires to attach to my battery... i have to put two 15 amps one in each relay then hook them up to the battery? and when i turn on my headlight switch from in my car it will turn on and off?

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
i didnt know u had to hook them up to the battery. I have 2 hid kits on my car and neither are hooked to the battery just hooked up to the headlight harness and fog harness

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
its still a 12vdc connection reguardless...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey focus freak did you cut the thing you plug in to your light and splice the hid kit into it?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol well i didnt hear bout that til now and i dont really wanna return these one cuz they looked really nice when i had it wired straight to the battery... but its constant from the battery and i need it to where i can use my switch for my lights ya know

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
then just butt splice the wire you had hooked to the battery to the low beam power wire to your headlight harness. and ground to the headlight ground wire. its simple.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aight ima tell you how it goes tomorrow lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts