Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my xcal3 today with my tune from Tom...I followed all the instructions via the pdf file, uploaded the tune to the xcal, then the xcal uploaded my stock tune perfectly but it will not download the custom tune to my car. It stays on the "turn key on, do not start the engine" it does not do a thing as far as downloading i have tried EVERYTHING, different "on" positions, re-uploading the tune...i'm out of ideas...anyone else have this issue ?

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
ya mine did this too. I just tured off my car and redid it. You have to wait for a bout 4-5 sec. after stock tune loads, then turn the key. It took about 3-4 tryies before it worked. Just take your time. I was purrdy excited too. I did mine while I was on the dyno and almost forgot to load the tune.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SLocussvt and myself got it, we did the firmware update, reloaded the tune, and tried a few times and it finally took, the response time, and everything is great I LOVE IT! going to dyno it here in the next week or two

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
ya I would highly recommend the dyno just to see your numbers and AFR. you should post too we can compare...lol

Oh and let me know if you figure out how to datalog. I still need to know how to do that. Do I need my computer hooked up too? all it does is record doesn't save or nothing like that. I thought it would save on my Xcal and I could just upload it my laptop..but I think I have to have my laptop and car hooked up to the Xcal to data log....IDK

·
Registered
193 Posts
ya I would highly recommend the dyno just to see your numbers and AFR. you should post too we can compare...lol

Oh and let me know if you figure out how to datalog. I still need to know how to do that. Do I need my computer hooked up too? all it does is record doesn't save or nothing like that. I thought it would save on my Xcal and I could just upload it my laptop..but I think I have to have my laptop and car hooked up to the Xcal to data log....IDK
I had my laptop hooked up to the xcal and car. Make sure you install the Live link software, so you can select what you want to log.

·
Registered
720 Posts

There are 2 ways to datalog. The first is with a device and a laptop running livelink in the vehicle. The second is using just the device in the car to save the data then livelink later to view the data.

When you use on device, it automatically records the data to the device. You would then have to connect the device to your pc, open livelink and read the file into livelink in order to view the data.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts