Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading different forums about performance upgrades for my automatic 2000 zx3, and it seems that the Xcal2 from focus-sport is the best bang for the buck! Aot of feedback I have heard about this flasher says that Randy at focus-sport would be the best one to program it for me. How would I go about doing this and having it programmed to work with my car!? If I call and talk to someone at Focus-Sport will they be able to adjust the unit for my car before I recieve it? or... will I have to take my car to them to do it? What is the process in which I should go about doing this? THANX! [thumb]

·
Registered
182 Posts
It is I don't have one yet, but from what most people say its easy plug n play and you can always go back to stock.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
If you buy it from a dealer you will get it with the tunes on it. When you buy it tell them what mods you have and what you want. Then it is plug and play it vin locks to your car when you use it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
^^exactly. However you want to get dyno tuned just to make sure everything is okay... something i still need to do.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I agree for the most part but I don't feel a dyno tune is that important on a stock vehicle

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, I have ordered the XCAL2 from focus sport tuned by Randy, and it is expected to be here monday! Free 2 day shipping! HELLS YEAH! Thanx for all the help!

·
Registered
54 Posts
What exactly is dyno tuning and can I get it done in any shop that has a dyno? I have the XCalibrator 2 and would I need to bring it to the shop so they could use it? I'm just so confused. [8]

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
depends if the shop is a xcal dealer if they are shouldn't need to bring anything except the car and tuner go to the sct site and do a dealer search and check with them and see if they do dyno tunes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts