Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not many options for my 09' at the moment, but i wont post ANOTHER CAI thread haha. I called the dealership and they said the Kn filter is cool and an exhaust but does anyone know if a ECU flasher would void my warranty?[wave]

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok i found a thread saying just keep the old tune and switch it back before going to the dealer? does it cause any problems switching it back and forth?

·
FF Affiliate
31,102 Posts
No issues switching it , Even if Ford came and looked at your ECU for a tune they couldnt see it and wouldnt know it was there unless you told them

Tom

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man. if I buy one through fs should I do I need a seperate tune or am I ok with that as long as I don't add anything like FI

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
First of all, you can't tune you 2009 yet. SCT is currently doing some testing and gathering data. I also have as 2009, so you can buy the Xcal3, but will have to wait until sometime early in 2009 for a tune.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks for the info.

·
Registered
403 Posts
also make sure you take the tune off before taking in as it will void the warranty and just incase they decide to hook up the obd2 scanner it will mess up your ecu, and they wont be able to check your computers info. This is what focussport told me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well they said it depends on the dealership but that theyre usually good with aftermarket parts and to just run it by them first. I'll probably try to have them sign something for anything i decide to add if theyre cool with it. and no im not sure yet if its gonna be an intake or a drop in. The steeda looks good but might just wait and see if something better comes out next year

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Honestly "better" is pretty relative. The reason gains through the Steeda are less for your 08-09's is that your stock intake system is way better than the stock previous years. So of course we will see more gains than you through upgrading this because we were way more restricted.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Yay 09s. So you're just replacing your factory filter? Did they say SRIs and CAIs void the warranty?
I replaced my whole intake with a K&N Typhoon cold air and when I took my car in to have it checked out . The service manager told me that replacing the whole thing will not void my warranty . He also mentioned that he had done the same thing to his new F 150 .

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
^ tell that manager to take a hike... and when your door falls off, ford better pay for it under warranty. because an Intake cannot void the warranty, except if you hydrolock your motor, then your up the creak without a paddle.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I bought my car about a week ago and I was checking the intake system out today and yeah you can def. tell theyve changed a few things. So i guess k&n drop in it is and fs exhaust! and hopefully I wont ever have to go in and use that warranty for anything regardless lol

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Yup, I paid an arm and a leg for my Steeda SRI, but I'm very satisfied with it also, and I supported the local Steeda dealer in Toronto :)

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
I definitely noticed a difference in throttle response. Not a HUGE upgrade alone, but very noticeable. No sound difference until I hit the 3000RPM range and up, then she sounds very nice! I'm very satisfied with it! Exhaust, header and tune coming soon!

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
^ tell that manager to take a hike... and when your door falls off, ford better pay for it under warranty. because an Intake cannot void the warranty, except if you hydrolock your motor, then your up the creak without a paddle.
Why would I want to tell him that ? He's the 1 that told me it wouldn't hurt my warranty at all. And he helps me out on some of my other Ford's when I bring them in to have them serviced .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts