Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I bought a tuner from Tom...
I hooked it up to the obd-ii imput. The Xcal 3 comes on, gives me all the options and stuff... I try to install the tune from tom, or the custom tune or even the preset SCT tune... It says Turn key on w/ engine off, i hit select, then it says turn key off... i do that. then it comes up with an error...
It took me 2 months to receive my tuner and it doesnt even work. I even hooked it up to my 04' cobra and the same prob happend.

Anyone have any suggestions, its unmarried.. Tom said he put a tune on it for my 2006 Focus ST 2.3 5spd w/ Borla catback, and steeda intake and short shifter.

any help would be appreciated...
Also.. why cant i post in the classifieds, i have stuff for sale from my SVT focus that i totalled.

thanks alot,

-Bret

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
you need more posts to sell in the b/s/t area, as for the tuner, try contacting Tom directly

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
yea nothing really we can do [dunno] thats literally just a plug and play tool

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
make sure you are going all the way to the on position with the key - thats 2 clicks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx:p

still hasnt worked.. samething
ugh

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ugh..... will they replace it? then i will lose your tune. If this happens will you RE-TUNE the SCT..

thanks

-Bret

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the information!

:)

-Bret

ps: the tuner didnt come with any instructions... what exactly do I select when i plug it in? would it be the custom tune or the strategy tune?

i have no clue since it didnt provide a booklet like the diablosport's do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just called SCT tech. support. They said there was no tune ever loaded on this Xcal-3...

I need the software to download it into my tuner... the tech. said i need livewire or something like that and a USB cable to install the tune( driver) into my tuner.

Tom,

I need this tune please. Its taken way to long to get it, and now troubles with this... Whats going on man...
You got the money on the spot. Its been 2 months and some change since I've payed you. I finally got the tuner but it doesnt even work.

Thanks,
-Bret

·
Registered
305 Posts
If the tune wasnt loaded, the quickest way to get it resolved would be to simply go to the SCT website and download liveload(Its free) http://www.sctflash.com/tsupdates.phpSelect device and update software. Purchase the correct USB cable(You will likely want this usb cable anyways as you can datalog with the xcal3 and then d/l it to your pc if you should ever want to or maybe install a updated tune at another time via email) Ask Tom to email you the tune....you can install it yourself and you are in buisness.

BTW-It does seem odd if the tune wasnt installed that it would tell you to turn the key on or off. There just shouldnt have been a custom tune installed once selected. Mine doesnt tell me to turn the key on until after I select the tune from the xcal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've never done my own tuning before... on my 04' cobra i had it dyno tuned with xcal2 but i didnt touch anything. AED in San Jose did all the work.

I downloaded some stuff from SCT tech support page but i dont know what any of it does. SCT should put these drivers on a CD when its sold to you. I had a diablosport and they include everything. Directions manual, CD, a USB cord.. everything.

I got the USB cord But what should i do now?

thanks

-Bret

·
Registered
720 Posts
We used to include all of the programs on a CD but we update our software often and it no longer became effective to include a CD.

The USB cable you need is nothing special, you can buy it anywhere. If it were an arbritrary cable, we would include it. Most people have many of these cables as most USB devices use the same type.

You need the X3/LW updater program and nothing else if all you want to do is load a tune file to your X3. This program when installed will install the drivers for the device. Tom will have to send the tune file to you in liveload format (*.ll3 file) and you will use the updater program to load that file to your device and you are done (open the program once installed and you will see a liveload tunes option.)

I've never done my own tuning before... on my 04' cobra i had it dyno tuned with xcal2 but i didnt touch anything. AED in San Jose did all the work.

I downloaded some stuff from SCT tech support page but i dont know what any of it does. SCT should put these drivers on a CD when its sold to you. I had a diablosport and they include everything. Directions manual, CD, a USB cord.. everything.

I got the USB cord But what should i do now?

thanks

-Bret

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have the usb cable., snagged one from work.
where do i get this livewire thing.. to install the drivers or tune? .ll3 file.

thanks.

Does any1 have Tom's #? i would like to call him. he hasnt responded and i need this tune bad. Its been 2 1/2 months and now it doesnt even work =/. im a little frusterated, but its ok. I gave him positive feed back and would like to receive the same since my money has been in his pocket since the beginning.

-Bret

·
Registered
305 Posts
i have the usb cable., snagged one from work.
where do i get this livewire thing.. to install the drivers or tune? .ll3 file.

thanks.

Does any1 have Tom's #? i would like to call him. he hasnt responded and i need this tune bad. Its been 2 1/2 months and now it doesnt even work =/. im a little frusterated, but its ok. I gave him positive feed back and would like to receive the same since my money has been in his pocket since the beginning.

-Bret
Follow link I gave you above. Select x3 ford 3000 or S/F 3 pn 3015(whichever you have) then you need the windows driver first. Once that is loaded in and working good. go back to above link select Select x3 ford 3000 or S/F 3 pn 3015(whichever you have) then select device update software. Once that is loaded in all you will need is the .ll3 file from Tom through email...then you will upload the tune to your x3.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks alot damage... i messaged tom on AIM. he never responds lol...ugh
i need to get this tune today~~

·
Registered
305 Posts
thanks alot damage... i messaged tom on AIM. he never responds lol...ugh
i need to get this tune today~~
No problem..hey just give Tom a bit of time he always comes through but he is pretty busy. He is also working on a tune for me has been back and forth several times..but he always comes through and he does great tuning. I suggest you get your pc all squared away and hooked up to your xcal...figure out the software so you can load it right in. Once he emails you the tune it is anouther 10 minutes til you are up and running.[thumb]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the program i downloaded
and installed is livelink version IV version 4.0
it has a picture of a z06, gt500, duramax and a super duty? that the one?

-Bret

1 - 20 of 23 Posts