Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.0l 05' D-Tec and I was just wondering what I would get if I got a tune. I mainly want to get more out of the car like gov. removed and stuff like that. What would be the power increase if I did the tune also? 5-10hp? I have just intake and exhaust right now.

LMK
Thanx
Travis

·
AKA Fast_Focus
6,089 Posts
a lot of ppl say 10 on a non-PZEV... idk if it would be lower on a PZEV... so 5-10 sounds bout right... btw, when u going to move to Texas? [:D]

·
I'm Back!
2,304 Posts
I am planning to get a SCT XCalibrator 2 in the near future. For you guys that have them, what will I exactly benefit from it? And can I have a performance setting and a "fuel saving" program? I know that I will need to run a higher octane w/performance settings, but I would like to be able to switch over to my gas-saving setting. I'm not very up on chipping and flashers, so...and info will be helpful. Thanks a lot!!!!

·
AKA Fast_Focus
6,089 Posts
yea u can have a second tune with mild timing for 87 octane... u can gain a higher top speed... a more even torque curve... a more controlled A/F ratio and all kinds of other goodies... drag launch is one of my favorites... incresaed rev limit... custom shift light...

·
I'm Back!
2,304 Posts
yea u can have a second tune with mild timing for 87 octane... u can gain a higher top speed... a more even torque curve... a more controlled A/F ratio and all kinds of other goodies... drag launch is one of my favorites... incresaed rev limit... custom shift light...
I have a couple ??
1) Who did your tuning? Who could you recomment?
2) Could you really messup your car, with the adjustments w/o having a lot of knowledge?? Or does your tuner set the pre-programed setting and u just switch between programs?

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
well for me when i got mine it was better drivable and alos alittle better MPG. on one tune i got alot less mpg but that was something with the tune. just watch who u get the tune from. focus sport and to are prolly the best 2 i have seen

·
AKA Fast_Focus
6,089 Posts
Tom or Walter are really good at N/A tunes... Randy is better for turbo... and i dont have a tune... I just know about it... and u cant screw it up... all u do is plug it in, transfer the program then go!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
i have the focussport tune and i couldnt really notice a difference really. except that my clutch pedal stopped working for like 30 mins for some weird reason then it just started working again like nothing had ever happened. but so far its good. at least it took off the check engine light for my header

·
Registered
424 Posts
Really? No Difference? I figure that having an extra 300RPM and no governor and an extra 4-5 WHP would be noticable. I'm considering droppin the cash on one sometime soon.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
well my stock redline is 6,500 so i dont know where u got 3,000 from because it only gets raised to 7,200. i have never taken my car up to the governor and see no reason to do so. so again not sure why that would matter to anyone really. i mean even on the drag strip u dont get up to your governor

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A 3000 redline tune is so that with the clutch in, it won't rev past 3000 rpms which is good for launching off the line. I think that's what he was talking about [;)].

I might get that tune along with the 91 oct. tune as well.

·
AKA Fast_Focus
6,089 Posts
well my stock redline is 6,500 so i dont know where u got 3,000 from because it only gets raised to 7,200. i have never taken my car up to the governor and see no reason to do so. so again not sure why that would matter to anyone really. i mean even on the drag strip u dont get up to your governor
I know a couple of foci (one personally) that passes the govenor at the drag strip... [:D]

and btw, the stock redline is 6,750...

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
lol yes yes u are all right i guys i just saw an extra 0 in there. and the redline is at 6750 i just stop ed at 6500 on the dyno. sorry about that. just havent goytten any sleep in the past 2 days my wife just had a baby yesterday so im pretty tired

·
Registered
424 Posts
haha, yea, i was gonna say a 3000RPM increase in redline would almost certainly be noticeable ;)

Good talk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts