Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone around Akron Ohio surrounding areas have a SCT X4 I can use to do a Log on my car with? trying to figure out If my SCT X3 is to old for GEN 2. I am new to this forum not sure where to post this or maybe I'm guessing right and posting where i am supposed to.

thanks

·
Thats What She Said
10,703 Posts
This is for the '03 SVT? XCal 2 or newer will data log on the Mk1 Focus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My X3 works but when I do a WOT Gen2 shows readings that is impossible. I checked it with another X3 and same thing, checked it by just using the the X3 itself eliminating the laptop, to do the log and same issue. Figured new is better might as well give X4 a try.

·
Thats What She Said
10,703 Posts
What do you mean by Wot Gen 2? You should be data logging "through post absol".

I have used my Xcal2 to data log on my '01 Zetec and tune with Tom, and use it to data log my' 04 SVT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOT, Wide Open Throttle. when I do a WOT pull, Gen2 shows impossible readings. I am just trying to find an X4 to do a log.

·
Thats What She Said
10,703 Posts
I know what WOT is, but you keep saying Gen 2.

XCAL2, XCAL2, XCAL4 all work.

Any reading from these are pulling directly from the ecu. You need to make sure on the SCT logger that you have the right metric. Auto correct changed the name I my previous post. the name of the ecu code you should be looking at is "thrt pos absol" this is a value at idle is around 150 to 200 IIRC and 840 at WOT. Make sure you are looking at the correct parameter on live link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts