Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've some people on these forums get great pricing using X-Plan pins. I understand they usually come from your employer, but I work for a tiny company so it's not something we have here.

Does anyone have an extra? I would be forever grateful and would be happy to knit you a pair of mittens, a scarf, or make a lap quilt for you in return- you can even pick the colors.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
492 Posts
lol this is too funny.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol this is too funny.
Sorry if you find this funny. I am new to this and I didn't know where else to ask and I figure if it's going to save me so much money it's worth asking.

Or does everyone who use X-plan just work for an employer that offers it? Nobody shares their pins? It's hard to believe everyone has 4 friends that buy new Fords every year or just lets their pins go to waste.

·
Registered
492 Posts
sorry...just the part about you offering to knit mittens hahahaa

i believe this is how x-plan works:

You have to either know somebody that works for (or is retired from) Ford. OR you have to work for (or someone within your household has to work for) a supplier/partner to Ford Motor Company.
And proof/documentation will be required

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry...just the part about you offering to knit mittens hahahaa

i believe this is how x-plan works:

You have to either know somebody that works for (or is retired from) Ford. OR you have to work for (or someone within your household has to work for) a supplier/partner to Ford Motor Company.
And proof/documentation will be required
Oh okay. I thought you thought my request is funny. I don't have much to offer but I knit a mean pair of mittens :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
I wish I had a pin to offer in exchange for those fine looking mittens :(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Quote:

Join the Experimental Aircraft Association (eaa.org) for 40$ and after 30days you can generate an xplan pin for yourself through the member services area of their website. Actually you don't really have to wait the 30days to do it but some dealers may require your EAA membership card in addition to the x-plan pin # and it takes about that long to get you membership package.

Once you join online you can immediately access the fordpartner.com website through eaa member services and build and price the vehicle. The price you see there is what you will pay at the dealer. Then any incentives are also taken off. They cannot charge extra fees, etc.

Eaa is a good organization that supports aviation enthusiasts and the amount you can save on the x-plan makes the 40$ a worthwhile investment. Once generated PINS are good for one year.

Here is some information about a way to get access to the x-plan.

You can run a search for x-plan and find other ways to qualify.

·
Registered
185 Posts
typically the easiest way to get an xplan pin is to join an this aviation club that I can't remember the name of. It costs like 39$ and you get access to xplan. If you search around these forums you can find exactly what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sorry if you find this funny. I am new to this and I didn't know where else to ask and I figure if it's going to save me so much money it's worth asking.

Or does everyone who use X-plan just work for an employer that offers it? Nobody shares their pins? It's hard to believe everyone has 4 friends that buy new Fords every year or just lets their pins go to waste.
Usually using pins for non-relatives and in some cases non company employees can create problems for the person giving the pin out.

You can also get x-plan if you are a stock holder in Ford. It just takes a single share to git'er'done

·
Registered
362 Posts
Check your PM's and email.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Check your PM's and email.
If this post is suggesting that you've sent her a PIN, it won't do her any good. From what I understand, you have to provide proof of association with the group that provided the PIN (i.e., if it's an employer provided PIN, you need to show a paystub from that employer).

·
Registered
781 Posts
if you can wait 30 days you can join eaa.org for $40 and get in on their x-plan. just go to http://www.eaa.org sign up as a member. wait. and you'll get your x-plan pin after that. you can in the meantime shop and build a price. infact even if you've already ordered a vehicle as long as you have the pin when you sign the paperwork most dealers will honor it (though some won't, so ask first). if you can't wait the 30 days you're going to be out of luck. sorry.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Agreed, we have some tough winters here in Northern Maine and a new pair of mittens would be nice.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha, more like you just have to hook up with a fine looking knitter ;)

Seriously, if you are picturing your grandma, think again. Lots of young knitters around- I am 27 :)

I generally quilt more than I knit. I figured some of you might like this quilt I made last year. It's my favorite so far. It's for a twin size bed:

·
Registered
492 Posts

Seriously, if you are picturing your grandma, think again. Lots of young knitters around- I am 27 :)

I generally quilt more than I knit. I figured some of you might like this quilt I made last year. It's my favorite so far. It's for a twin size bed:

awesome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can do better than x-plan pricing in most cases. Do some research at a couple of sites like edmunds.com and/or truecar.com. They should give you a good idea of what a "good price" is. Then email a couple of dealership internet sales departments and see if they will do invoice pricing before you go in. You should have a pretty good idea where their prices are based on your prior research. You can see which dealer will offer the best deal, then go in and ask to see the invoice to make sure you are getting the deal you want. In most cases you will be under the x-plan price.

If a dealership doesn't want to play ball just go elsewhere. There are just too many dealerships who want a sale out there to mess around. There are even plenty of dealerships even outside your city/state who will be more than happy to drop ship a car for pickup at your local place. 90% of the work can be done from your desk with an email client.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If this post is suggesting that you've sent her a PIN, it won't do her any good. From what I understand, you have to provide proof of association with the group that provided the PIN (i.e., if it's an employer provided PIN, you need to show a paystub from that employer).
Thanks, but we have it under control....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello All,

I've some people on these forums get great pricing using X-Plan pins. I understand they usually come from your employer, but I work for a tiny company so it's not something we have here.

Does anyone have an extra? I would be forever grateful and would be happy to knit you a pair of mittens, a scarf, or make a lap quilt for you in return- you can even pick the colors.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks!
Are you in Santa Clara? Internet sales at Sunnyvale Ford and Fremont Ford both agreed to invoice with me simply asking. Cheaper than X-Plan and no need for a PIN.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Henerally quilt more than I knit. I figured some of you might like this quilt I made last year. It's my favorite so far. It's for a twin size bed:

That's awesome! I have a few arcade games and a pinball machine so can appreciate this! [histerical]

·
Registered
548 Posts

Young is relative.
You may be young relative to other knitters, but I'm still only 23 :p
18 is young for me ;)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts