Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my focus has a vin and a ETA at my dealership of 11/29. Problem is my current lease expires on 11/25. It would of course be cheaper to rent a car for a few days rather than extend my lease for a month, but if Ford delays it for a month I'm out more money. How reliable are those delivery days?

Also, my price on the car is 500 dollars under the dealer "invoice". I mentioned to the internet manager than I had a friends and family pin and he said that the price he was giving me was already beating the x plan price. Am I being told the truth?

Greg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Here are my numbers to give you an idea:

MSRP: 24285
"Dealer Invoice": 22949
A/Z: 22206 (This is what I got)
D: 22306
X: 23132

The dealer is only allowed to charge up to a $75 free on top of the plan prices. No more. Everything else is built in to the plan price. If you have an x-plan pin, they have to show you the invoice which shows the x-plan price but also shows you the dealer invoice price. Have them actually price it out in front of you. They might be trying to tack on fees to your non x-plan deal.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I made out better by going to a no haggle price dealer than by going with the X plan. X plan is not all it's cracked up to be.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hate to be negative but my ETA was end of September and still no car. It was built Sep 20th. I am actually buying one off a lot instead of waiting.

Also most leases can be extended one month at a time for up to 6 months. Depending on contract.

I hope yours comes closer to ETA.

·
Registered
747 Posts
That ETA doesn't mean a lot. You'll probably get it within about 2 weeks of that date.

·
Registered
264 Posts
But w/o x-plan you may have to pay dealer doc fees which can be upwards of $499+ whereas x-plan is limited to only $100 and the dealer cannot do any bait and switch tactics. Also, dealers get reimbursed for selling at that price so instead of haggling all day with a salesman, then going to a sales manager, then to a finance manager, then to a supervisor in what seems like a never ending process, the dealer cannot, by xplan rules, change the preset pricing, so u can just walk in and sign the papers

·
Registered
138 Posts
most of the time, X-plans on small cars are not very profitable for the customers, most dealers can get you a better deal if they need some sale..!

just for the example, a X-plan for a fiesta S around here is higher than the msrp. the msrp is $14429 and the X-plan is 14629, that's pretty dumb..but the car's cost is $14080... not a big profit margin.

·
Registered
532 Posts
most of the time, X-plans on small cars are not very profitable for the customers, most dealers can get you a better deal if they need some sale..!

just for the example, a X-plan for a fiesta S around here is higher than the msrp. the msrp is $14429 and the X-plan is 14629, that's pretty dumb..but the car's cost is $14080... not a big profit margin.
How is that? I thought it is invoice - (invoice/0.4%) + $275.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts