Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me first say no I will not be there but I have been starting the thread almost every year so why stop now even if there is 6000 miles between us?[;)]

www.coopersrockstateforest.com

LOCATION: Exit 15 off I-68, turn south and follow signs, 13 miles east of Morgantown, WV and 8 miles west of Bruceton Mills, WV.

Find us in the big paved parking lot usually on the right side. The parking lot is a few miles down the road and it's not hard to find since it's at the end of it.

DATE: October 23, 2011 (Sunday)

TIME: Noon-dark.

WHAT IS IT: This is one of our annual Mid-Atlantic events that is usually held in the fall of each year and has been going on since 2003. It's really beautiful up there this time of year since the leaves are changing over to their fall colors. So if you are interested come and hang out! There is usually a ton of food and it's always a great time.

If you plan on camping be sure to pack something to stay warm since it is a bit colder in the mountains.

If you are coming from long distances there are various hotels/motels in the area (Morgantown, WV & Cumberland, MD to name a few) that you can stay at. Just use the website of your choosing to look through them.

DO I NEED TO BRING ANYTHING?: We usually BBQ up there so if you want you can bring food or drink. If you want to bring anything I will add it beside your name on the list.

Usual items are:

-Drinks
-Charcoal
-Cooking utensils
-Chips
-Condiments (Ketchup, mustard, ect.)
-Eating utensils
-Napkins
-Cups
-Burgers, hot dogs, any kind of meat

Those are the usual items. If you want to bring anything else then please do.

ALSO DON'T FORGET A CHAIR! LAWN CHAIRS, CAMPING CHAIRS ANY KIND OF PORTABLE CHAIR WILL DO.

Please be aware that there are other people besides us that will be using the park. Don't litter, do stupid things (burnouts, litter, turn your stereo's up loud, ect.) or bring/drink any alcoholic beverages so we will be able to come back here for years to come.

I think that covers it all. If anything is updated it will be so on this first post of the page so keep checking back every so often

So, who is interested in coming?

INTERESTED IN COMING:

viney266+ 3
SD.Norm +1
kicker226 +1
ThatOneFocusGuy
SaucyMuffin +1
Ahuzen +1
jinstall
ariggle3 +1
PSUrivie +1

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Oooo Me! Pick Me!

I"ll be there!. With camera in hand and some food for the grill...the PD grill!

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
yeah, I"ll probably have the family with me.So me +3

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Edited the first post.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Won't be there :(...My car will only be down the hill, but I am in Kuwait friends...so it's a no go

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
Most likely will show unless one of the local autox events gets cancelled for some reason. Make up event is on the 23rd.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If anyone knows of anyone else that is coming that doesn't post on FF please let me know so I can add their names. Thanks.

·
Registered
495 Posts
SaucyMuffin on FJ and his GF will be coning and also a 5 people on FB that don't often look on here

·
Registered
466 Posts
i plan on being there +1

Most likely will show unless one of the local autox events gets cancelled for some reason. Make up event is on the 23rd.
is Don coming with you again this year?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I am heading up on Friday before to my parents house which is in PA about 30-45 mins outside of Coopers Rock, if anyone is interested in staying Friday night and Saturday night at my parents 15 acre farm feel free to let me know. They have plenty of space to put people for the nights. Saturday I'm planning on just relaxing and maybe shooting some guns off.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn, lots of views but not more people coming? Go to the best fall G2G ever people [:D]

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
I hate to say this but I will not make it this year. Yesterday's autox event got cancelled and is rescheduled for the 23rd. I would come but I have to keep my 1st place position in points for the year.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump!

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
I just did the 250 run on the bike this weekend...at ludicris speed!...

So Lets get Coopers up and rollin' I"m gonna go up and camp the day before!

·
Registered
466 Posts
im trying to get the SVT road worthy before then

1 - 20 of 76 Posts