Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im selling my honda accord...its gone to the shyts lol..we sellin it for $200.00 cuz its got rust and shyt n a exhaust leak..n we need to sell it..thats y its so low...but wut should i get next? i want a performance mod? sumtin that will give sum whp...wut should i get?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Can't get much for $200.
Maybe a 65mm TB, Volant or Iceman intake or UDP [?]
These won't get you much but will help you get a couple of WHP's.
[burnout]
[whip]

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i kno i wont get much..but i want sumtin else..i got an exhaust now..jus not on yet..so how much whp would i get with the exhaust and a udp? or one of those intakes? anyone know?

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I believe the Volant and Iceman intake claims are 5 to 6% WHP increase.
The Volant will get you WHP in the higher RPM's and the Iceman will get you WHP in the lower RPM.
So, depending on where you want the power, you will have to make a choice.
I believe most of the short intakes(like the Volant) get you WHP in the higher RPM's
[burnout]
The 65mm TB will get you maybe 2-3 WHP but you will get better throttle response for sure.
The WHP gains for UDP may depend on what you get but your probably looking at 2-3 WHP at the most but it puts more power to the wheels from the engine instead of to the belt driven accesories.
[whip]

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm im not to sure wut intake i want..prolly volant cuz im shifting at the higher rpm ranges..but does the FC 2 piece pully give sum ok whp?

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
UDP will free hp...
so basicly you will see an increase in whp BUT not in bhp !

-Joel

(my 1500 post [thumb])

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I recommend a high flow cat and flex pipe. Keep your eyes out for a newer used one of each. Finishing off your exhaust system will allow any other mods to produce their best gains. You will have a good foundation to build on...and you'll definately feel the difference.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea it runs..but it wouldnt start earlier..its wierd..everytime sumone is gonna come look at it..it wont start lol but i jus got it started

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aight well ive thought about it..i think im gonna take the money i get and save it and save up for sum more money and get the focus sport race header and flex pipe set up from newedgeperformance ..or should i get the FC set up?

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Wait to pick up the new FS 4-2-1...not out yet, but by the time you have your money saved up it should be....might as well pick up their flex at the same time.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aight sounds good..thats wut ill do..thanks for the advice chalon..i wasnt thinkin of finishing the exhaust off now but u got a good point [thumb]

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
A.J.,
I just recently did a host of typical boltons. There are so many different ways to spend mod money, and everyone has a opinion...and it's hard to go wrong. An intake will for sure be next.
Make sure to get the mil cheater since you will be eliminating the cat (don't want to get a CEL).

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i was gonna get the the MIL cheater cuz i dont wanna see that friggin check engine light all the time...n as u can see from my Sig..thats wut imma get next...do u kno when that new FS race header will be out?

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
BTW, lots of folks are probably waiting for it. You might want to call and see if you need to get on a waiting list. Otherwise, it might be hard to get since this is a first release.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts