Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up the work today...
Used flexible LED strings off Ebay (can't remember the count...48 LED's?), and I think they are 18" long...
I first tried to mount them inside the housing, but there just wasn't enough room, so I mounted them on the OUTSIDE of the headlights. They are totally sealed in a silicone-type, clear rubber, so they should be fine in the elements.
They are attached using a plastic epoxy.

Anyway, here are my crappy pictures!!

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
nice! i think those would look bad ass on some machs. i want them now.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice! i think those would look bad ass on some machs. i want them now.
Easy AND cheap dress-up...go for it!
From what I understand, these LED strings can be trimmed to length, 3 LED's at at time...
If I remove exactly 6, then I get a perfectly horizontal line under the housings.
I kinda like the 'checkmark' look myself :)

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
thats looks tight, your car will soon to have leds in every light spot possible lol

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
same led's i used for my underbody kit i made.... they kick ass... but we need night shots with no flash so we can get the full effect...

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey did you open up the head lamps and put them inside or just the out side of em?
I tried for the inside...I even trimmed back some of the interior plastic to try to make room, but gave up...and made a bit of a mess with the headlight in the process...
So they are epoxied right to the bottom of the headlights themselves...which is also very tight for space.
I'm running the F2 bumper, which is thicker than the OEM plastic I think, but it still works. OEM bumpers shouldn't have an issue.
The LED's are completely sealed BTW, so they should be good...

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
nice work. what kind of led work do you have in your side markers?

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
that looks great...

would be better on the inside of the headlight tho.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
yea, if u want to get a ticket! i'm pretty sure having red lighting on the front of your car is illegal. i'm almost positive.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
its not illigal if the vehicle is parked. and yes ill ride around with any color lights i dont care. i live in a town of about 5000 population and im the only fedex ground driver so if i get a ticket then the cops get to drive 45 mins to my fedex terminal and pickup their own damn packages.

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
thats looks sweet

can i have your front bumper

·
Registered
537 Posts
its not illigal if the vehicle is parked. and yes ill ride around with any color lights i dont care. i live in a town of about 5000 population and im the only fedex ground driver so if i get a ticket then the cops get to drive 45 mins to my fedex terminal and pickup their own damn packages.
lol, hhahaha

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
^^^^^
Yeah, that is hallarious!

Looks good man. I love those side markers the most.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice work. what kind of led work do you have in your side markers?
The side markers I made myself too...starting with black-chrome Ebay side marker lenses.
The LED's are HP Lumiled's, so they are pretty bright (same as the OEM's use)...24 per light. They are controlled by a PWM (pulse width modulator) for parking/signal light, dim/bright setup...same way OEM LED's work.

Some more bad photography...

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
i say you make these and sell them sir id take a pair of smoked ones

where about in ontario are you from

1 - 20 of 31 Posts