Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I woke up this morning to see some guy hanging around my car. I go out and discover he's washing it.
He says a bunch of cars were egged last night and he decided to wash his wife's car and my car. But not any of the others. For some reason.
Well, that's all well and good I suppose, but he apparently washed my car with his handy rock sponge. He left swirl marks, little scratches, and one good size scratch. I'm posting pictures in my gallery.

What the hell?!?!?!?
WHy didn't he just knock on my door and tell me?
Was he covering up for something?
Was he a well-meaning idiot?
Am I overreacting?
WHAT'S GOING ON?!?!?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Noone has the right to lay hands on your car with out your premission. Washing it or not. I would confront tha guy. Maybe he ment well, maybe he was covering up. Either way, he has no right to touch your svt without you knowing about it.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Damn....

"When Good Samaritans Go Bad"

Next... on FOX!

heheh...

·
Registered
759 Posts
I heard about something like this a few years ago, guy compulsively washed cars around this neighborhood, he got fined or something...

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Man, thats one of these situations where you want to be grateful, but are pissed at him for being slightly stupid. Ask him nicely what he washed it with and then tell him nicely that he scratched the car. See what he says.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eh, he seemed earnest and helpful, and it had definitely been egged, but-
He lives about 1/4mile away.
Where did he get the water?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Mud puddle out front, would explain the scratches, lol.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Wiiiiiiierrrrdddd......

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
That is damn odd, why would he drive 1/4 mile to wash your car and your car only, WTF??? That's one of the strangest stories I have heard in a long time. If he were your neighbor that would prolly explain some things, but that is just damn weird! Sorry your SVTF got scratched up man, that just sux!! ........ hey wait, here's a thought, what if his son or somoene he knows did the egging and he felt bad about it and washed the egg off your car. I dunno man, just a wild guess.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Maybe..... he likes you?

*shrugs*

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He looked little young to have a son of egg-throwing age, but that does make more sense than anything else.
Man, this neighborhood is weird.
A few months ago I left my car unlocked and the next morning 2 bags of dirty laundry were stolen out of it. Except most of my girlfriend's clothes were strewn across the street (which was lucky, she would have been A LOT more pissed than me about losing clothes.)

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Yeah, thats really weird, but my guess is that the scratches came from the eggs and not the guy washing it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
my guess, is whatever he was using, got egg shell on it as he wash washing, and then the egg shell sctrathed it up (hence the swirls) *shrug* maybe he felt guilty for something else he had done before? and thought hed clear is mind?

i dunno but i find its best to never touch others people stuff (no matter what it is) unless its with permision, or prent large amounts of damage (like being ran over burned to the ground etc..)

lame on the scratches and even more so on the cloaths, my guess is a male bum, only kept your stuff, doesnt need female stuf....

still, get a tent thing to put your car in man, next thing you know itll have a whole new paint job 0_o

but yeha totaly go talk to the guy, be nice about it, but ask about what he used, etc... but sure to come acrosed nice.

good luck

levi

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thats Crack head s#^&, My beautiful 06 liquid gray, freshly detailed by me was egged, and it was not a rock sponge it was the eggs, my car was hit with 3 eggs, and they left lil swirls like....I can't explain it but if you look close you can see where each egg made contact those are the lil swirly scrathces :( I feel you pain my brand new beautiful paint raped.....by an eggman.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts