Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after FINALLY getting the fuel pressure issue fixed... then the TPS issue taken care of the DAMN PIECE OF MONKEY **** SVT decided that it wanted to go back to having the ****ING High fuel rail pressure again.....

I only made one tiny adjustment to the tune... just to set the MAF count levels back to where Tom had them... and I took it for a test drive and noticed that it didn't fatten up the AFR at WOT... it stayed around 14.7-15.1 at 19psi and WOT... I immediatly shut it down and babied it back to my garage.

I noticed the TPS voltage never got above 4.1v with the throttle completly depressed (before FMEM.. what ever that means)

So I go into the tune and set the TPS for WOT from 645 down to 600.... not a very big change but a change none the less. I take it back out for a run and the AFR looks good.... actually it went WAY rich around 11:1. When I got back I was looking through the datalog with the car running (using the Diablo to log since the Xcal2 sucks unless its hooked up to a PC/laptop)

Thats when I notice the fuel pressure drop across the injectors is 39.xx which is stock.... I have mine set up for 44psi drop. then I think " OH ****" and look up at the manual FRP gauge I have.... and there it is.. 82psi at idle....

I'm really starting to hate the mother ****er.....

EDIT: I am using the SCT tune that fixed everything earlier and its still doing this ****......

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
....77 south to 85 west to exit 26.....[:D]

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I'm probably not the best one to be giving advice on this matter since my experience with forced induction is limited to factory FI from ford, but your KB boostapump keeps nagging at me. it seems like maybe it doesn't quite understand when its supposed to kick on and off. of course, I don't know what it uses as an input to detect WOT, but if you're telling your TPS that WOT is at a lower throttle position than factory, and the boostapump doesn't recognize WOT until a more open throttle point, that may be part of the problem there. again, I don't have any experience with the boostapump, or with turbos...yet. but I think there's something going on with the activation point for the BAP

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom did both the Diablo and the SCT...... we believe its something in the actual SCT templet that they use as a base file.

The only changes I made were real small and nothing to do with the fuel system at all... beats me.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hey John, I'd have to side with crazy on this, is KB independent ? what does it reference off only boost signal? conflicting instructions? Have you determined which is the pressure source,the KB or tank pump?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pressure source is the factory unit on the fuel rail for the ECU and for the independant gauge is a sending unit on the other end of the fuel rail.

I have the fuel pressure issue straightened out... now for some odd reason it doesn't fatten up the fuel at WOT......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts