Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*2013 Focus ST3*

Alright. So about a month ago I noticed a big lack of power (after racing a bit) and I was only getting between 6-7psi. Other than that everything was running fine. I had no CELs and no engine fault light so I figured i must’ve popped off a hose. Finally got around to it today and found no leak. Tested the solenoid on the wastegate and both hoses were getting pressure. I have an OTS stage 2 91 tune so we decided to uninstall and then reinstall. After this I took it around the block and it felt a bit better and I got up to 13 psi. Later on i started it up (drove about 17 miles) and was only able to get about 9 psi. I got home and had some buddies inform me of the slot 1 and 2 setting for the tune and that I may have put it into economy mode. I went back out to the car and wasn’t able to change the slot on my “can/res” cruise control button so then I went into my AP and changed the slot from 1 (which it was in) to 2. Reversed and noticed massive lagging. My rpms were going up but I barely made it to 5mph. I figured I had put it into valet mode or it had gone into limp mode. Changed it back to slot 1and got the same result. I pull over and reflash. Still nothing. And I still have no codes, it’s idling normal, shifting normal, no strange noises, etc. I unmarried the AP and I even tried disconnecting the battery for a hard reset and still nothing. We then thought it was an issue with the AP (we were really reaching) so my buddy unmarried his AP and tried to install on my car. Still nothing. Another bizarre thing is that when I put it into gear and just let off the clutch with no gas it didn’t stall or shutter it just slowly (but smoothly) moved forward.

I’m obviously no mechanic and this could be something simple but I cannot find anything that relates to this exact problem.

HELP MEEE

·
So mote be it
8,800 Posts
Another bizarre thing is that when I put it into gear and just let off the clutch with no gas it didn’t stall or shutter it just slowly (but smoothly) moved forward.
The ST will crawl in first and second gear, this is not unusual. It's a drive by wire thing...this is most likely not related to any of your other issues.

I have not heard of entering limp mode with out any accompanying engine lights. Some limp modes fix themselves after a restart as well. I would double check all couplers/connections and if you have an aftermarket blowoff, i would reinstall it, make sure everything is seated and tight. Make sure you have no boost leaks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts