Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I broke a valve cover bolt on my SVT Focus. [?|]

Can't find the part number from Ford (they want you to buy the valve cover with the bolts) and the regular zetec bolt is a little different (got one from the junkyard).

I know it's a long shot, but let me know if you're willing to part with one valve cover bolt out of an SVT. I'd also be willing to purchase all of the bolts and possibly the whole valve cover with the bolts if it's in good condition.

or, if anyone has any solution other than getting bolts out of an SVT, let me know.

You can PM me on here.

Thanks,
Zack

·
Registered
283 Posts
Call tasca ford and ask for Steve if he's not available or in they all are very knowledgable and will be able to help you out. They even have a cyber Monday deal today for 10% off parts.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Never want to reuse them. Always buy new.
This is interesting. I've never really heard of anyone replacing the valve cover bolts with new ones when replacing things like valve cover gaskets. I figured since they required a low torque value, they don't degrade all that much.

How have you gone about getting just the bolts in the past?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,156 Posts
Try RockAuto. They have everything you could need. Good prices too.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,217 Posts
Valve cover bolts are reusable, they aren't torque to yield. Especially since it's a bolt that just squishes into rubber, it gets torqued to in-lbs.

Maybe the Contour bolts are similar since it has a metal VC...

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,156 Posts
I stand corrected. I thought I read somewhere that you shouldn't re use them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts