Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Ford Focus SVT full Satin black on black on leather black
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!!! This is my first post and I'm looking for help. So i got the code P1518 and I took it over to my shop and they said something inside the intake manifold is bad. The guy thinks its something in the intake manifold itself. So I am looking for a 04 Focus SVT intake manifold or some help to figure out what is wrong. I live in the LA - Inland Empire area and willing to drive to pick parts up. Any help would be great. Love the site and thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
2,176 Posts
Hi everyone!!! This is my first post and I'm looking for help. So i got the code P1518 and I took it over to my shop and they said something inside the intake manifold is bad. The guy thinks its something in the intake manifold itself. So I am looking for a 04 Focus SVT intake manifold or some help to figure out what is wrong. I live in the LA - Inland Empire area and willing to drive to pick parts up. Any help would be great. Love the site and thanks for the help.
He is wrong. You need to replace the intake runner control module. 02 thru 04 Focus OEM Ford IMRC Engine Air Shut Off Control Motor 2.0L Zetec SVT | eBay

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
2,176 Posts
It is bolted to the frame rail behind the drivers side headlight. Battery and tray and airbox need to be removed to access.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far it looks like its just dirty as hell and the dirt held it from closing. Giving the error code. I'm waiting hear back if that's all it was. Otherwise opening up the module and doing heart surgery on it. The car has over 205k on it and this is the first time its had to be serviced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think we found the problem. It runs great now. It seems my air filter wasn't working as intended. Replaced the gaskets and cleaned it completely. All the gunk built up around the flaps and caused it not to work properly, and was giving the error cause it wasn't able to open and close all the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts